Back when Season of Opulence update went live in June, a lot of new stuff was added. Crucible pinnacle weapons nerf, new PvE game mode called Menagerie, new exotic weapons quests for Lumina, Truth and Bad Juju, on top of that, a brand-new Raid – Crown of Sorrows. Way before the update went live; Bungie updated the API of Destiny 2 which tends to add new stuff in-game servers. Data-miners had gone in the new updated files and found that there’s a Solar Week planned for Destiny 2 in future (just like the Arc Week in The Revelry). The text in the data-mined files said:
…has swept the system, imbuing all Guardians with enhanced Solar energy. In response, Lord Saladin has declared a week of celebration.
- ë‰¢ Many Solar subclass paths have been refreshed and improved. Visit bungie.net for more details.
- ë‰¢ Many Tower vendors are offering bounties to Solar-wielders. Complete them in style by participating in Solar Singe activities.
- ë‰¢ New Solar-themed emotes are now available at the Eververse store.
- Scattered pieces of a greater whole.
- Rocket Launcher Components
Destiny 2 Solar Week Not Happening
Now, you might think, if its in the API, why isn’t this released yet in Destiny 2. Well, Community Manager dmg04 has confirmed on Reddit that Solar Week is not happening in Destiny 2 anytime in the future. Here’s what he said:
“Don’t have plans for a Solar Week at this time. Sorry for sad news, just giving out the facts. Haven’t communicated one, nor have we plotted one on a roadmap. If we ever do one, you’ll hear it from us. (Don’t always trust datamining)”
There go all of our hopes of getting Gjallarhorn or Dragon’s Breath Rocket Launcher from Destiny 1. (rest in peace)
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep will be hitting PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, on October 1, 2019, and later in November on Google Stadia.