The Battlefield 5 Open Beta is soon to start, and ahead of the event, EA published a huge list of update notes. Spanning some twenty forum pages, the notes detail every change and tweak made to Battlefield 5 between the second Closed Alpha and the Open Beta. Among all the details, in particular, were ten new Battlefield 5 weapons which have been added to the game.
New Battlefield 5 Weapons for the Open Beta
EA DICE is adding ten new firearms to Battlefield 5 for the upcoming open beta. That event is due to start next week, with pre-loading starting in just a few days. The studio is also introducing a wide variety of tweaks and changes to the game’s existing firearms. The ten weapons and their descriptions, as they appear in the update notes, are as follows.
- Turner SMLE: Semi Auto Rifle that fires faster than the Gewehr 43 but has a weaker bullet at range.
- M1A1 Carbine: Very fast firing Semi Auto with a rather weak bullet. Best used within 50 meters.
- STEN: The easier to control twin of the MP40.
- Suomi KP/-31: Very hard to control, fast firing SMG. It starts off a bit weak, but benefits more than other SMGs from progression. Highest damage output weapon on the medic kit.
- KE7: Medium rate of fire LMG.
- FG-42: Very fast firing automatic rifle with a small magazine. Highest damage output weapon on the support kit.
- M30 Drilling: A triple barrel combination gun that leaves you more flexible than you would think. Use it as a double barrel shotgun in close quarters or change fire mode to the rifle barrel for medium range shots.
- Lee-Enfield No.4: Very fast firing sniper rifle. Its bullet is significantly slower than that of the Kar98k, making it preferable for medium range.
- ZH-29: A hard-hitting self-loading rifle that can kill with only two hits.
- Ruby: This fast firing pistol can be switched to very quickly. Its bullet loses strength fast over distance.