On Wednesday, EA revealed the details of the new FIFA 20 Summer Heat promo featuring voting for fan-favorite players, upgradeable objectives, loyalty rewards, and more. In addition, they introduced a new Summer Showdown as part of the promotion. Here are all of the latest details on what’s here and what’s on the way with Summer Heat.
FIFA 20 Summer Heat content: Fan voting, Summer Showdown and re-releases
FIFA previously let fans vote for Community Team of Season So Far players. That helped determine which players received new items with rating boosts. With the FIFA 20 Summer Heat voting, gamers will be able to vote for some of the best players from the FUT season to get newly upgraded items.
As EA mentions, it will involve having 24-hour time periods on select days during the promotion. On those days, a Player Pick pack is available in FUT. It features three FUT Summer Heat nominees as loan versions for gamers to use. The nominees will feature “popular players from the past season” of Ultimate Team.
Whichever player gets most votes amongst the nominees receives an upgraded item that is available in a Squad Building Challenge. The other two players get Summer Heat items with rating boosts in FUT Draft.
With Summer Showdown, FIFA will highlight a specific matchup of two teams and spotlight one star player from each side. The player on the winning side will end up getting a +3 points overall boost. In the event of a draw, both players get +1 boosts to their OVR.
There will also be brand new Squad Building Challenges and Objectives to bring back FUT favorites from this year’s Ultimate Team. Those players will have newly upgraded stats for their cards in the Summer Heat Fan Favorites. FIFA has already released a few of those along with the announcement of this promotion including Tanguy Ndombele SBC.
EA also announced a “Best Of” re-releases for some of the “best campaign special items from the past year.” The first of those players arrived on Wednesday (June 17) and will appear randomly in FUT packs for gamers to find.
New Loyalty Rewards with Summer Heat
In addition to all of the new content outlined above, EA also showed new FIFA 20 Summer Heat Loyalty Rewards. They announced just the first round of the login rewards system for the campaign. It’s based on the number of days gamers participate or “engage” with FIFA Ultimate Team during Summer Heat.
- 9 – 60 days: Jumbo Premium Gold Pack
- 61 – 147 days: Prime Gold Players Pack
- 148 – 234 days: Rare Mega Pack
- 235+ days: Ultimate Pack
There are also new Weekend League Rewards for Summer Heat based on rank achieved in the league. Here’s how that looks so far:
- Top 100: The TOTSSF 11 Players Pack will be replaced with a ‘Best of’ 11 Players Pack containing 11 special items rated 90 or higher from the above list of select FUT 20 campaign items.
- Elite 3 – Elite 1: The TOTSSF 3 Player Pack will be replaced with a ‘Best Of’ 3 Players Pack containing 3 special items rated 90 or higher from the above list of select FUT 20 campaign items.
- Gold 2+: Any Player Pick packs earned will have a minimum of 1 special item from the above list of select FUT 20 campaign items rated 90 or higher.
- Silver 1+: Any player items earned from Player Pick packs will be from the above list of select FUT 20 campaign items and be rated 83 or higher.
- Silver 2 and 3: Any player items earned from Player Pick packs will be from the above list of select FUT 20 campaign items and will have a maximum rating of 88.
There are more details about rewards and key dates for the participation in Summer Heat promo here at EA’s website.
Also see out our recent SBC guide for Kai Havertz, the Bundesliga POTM.
Visit our FIFA page for the latest updates on the game including how-to guides and news on FIFA 21.