Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you save over saves by mistake?

That would depend on the type of save system a game has. If it's something like Zelda OoT and previous Zelda games where you only have 3 files to choose from, then it doesn't really happen. You cant overwrite a save file in that style. If it's like RDR2 where there is a list of files that you can play, then it happens too often. Often enough that I now keep 1 and on a rare occasion maybe 2 save files. I turn off that autosave bullshit. All it does is interfere with game play and usually either gets me killed, or costs me the animal I'm hunting. Depending on the animal, sometimes it's both. But that's related to needing perfect hides for crafting. So unless I'm at a point that I don't have interest in a certain file, then it happens too much and sends me to PissedLand. Where the drinks are triple price, and the fights are every 30 minutes with assholes you don't even fucking know.

Edited by The Blackangel

Most modern games has a checkpoint based save system anyway, so you don't even have the opportunity to chose not to overwrite the previous save, the game overwrites it without question.

It has happened to me  a few times, but loading the wrong save is more often, especially with games that name their saves as "save1, save2, save3" without any further description.

Tje games that I do ahve Auto saves nowdays and I have not had any erors like that before, I mostly backup my saved files. But if the game offers a svae option that you can do it yourself then I do it 🙂 same games you have console to open and type in a command to save the game 🙂 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you played a lot, there is no way you wouldn't have experienced that on more than just one occasion. It's a very common thing to happen and it's quite annoying to say the least. 

Yeah, I had to face such things on regular basis. My UPS is dead, and we have around 1 hour of electricity outrage here everyday. So, when electricity is cut, my PC shuts down instantly, and all my progress is lost. Then I start the game again from the last saved checkpoint. 😆

On 7/31/2021 at 4:53 AM, Family sedan said:

I once loaded instead of saving in NBA Live '03 and lost a few games worth of progress.

Seriously, if I had lost a lot because of that, there would be some situations it would make me stop playing for the day to calm down from frustration. 

On 7/31/2021 at 6:09 AM, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, I had to face such things on regular basis. My UPS is dead, and we have around 1 hour of electricity outrage here everyday. So, when electricity is cut, my PC shuts down instantly, and all my progress is lost. Then I start the game again from the last saved checkpoint. 😆

I don't even want to talk about our electricity issues here which is why most times, I don't depend on them for gaming when I never got UPS because there is no timing with the power interruption. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't even want to talk about our electricity issues here which is why most times, I don't depend on them for gaming when I never got UPS because there is no timing with the power interruption. 

Don't you have UPS? there should be a power backup system otherwise the software will crash. The hardware of my last PC got corrupted because of electricity issues like this. 😒

Specially, when you are playing high end  games that requires lots of CPU and GPU processing, you should have a proper power backup. 😊

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Don't you have UPS? there should be a power backup system otherwise the software will crash. The hardware of my last PC got corrupted because of electricity issues like this. 😒

Specially, when you are playing high end  games that requires lots of CPU and GPU processing, you should have a proper power backup. 😊

Initially, I never had one but accessing the situation with our power supply, it became paramount that I must own one in order to save myself a lot of stress.