Register Now
StaceyPowers

Illogical in-game situations that make you laugh?

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Do glitches count? If so I can relay MANY such situations.

That's actually a good question. There's also the games with some pretty ridiculous stories that have you doing all kinds of stupid things that have nothing to do with the story.

This one actually happens in all GTA games (except San Andreas as flying school exists there), when you see that characters are able to drive anything just fine like driving a bike, i know that massive reality is boring, but atleast add a flying school in those games, so it makes to sense when you see a character stealing a military jet xD

Watch Dogs there was no real difference between a lethal and non-lethal playthrough other than achievements. In one mission you can go out of the way to go all batman on the bad guys and you get to the end and discover your little nephew was watching you on a security camera and he's like "you're a monster! You killed those people!" And you're just like "yeah."

Basically ruined my immersion. I redid the mission twice thinking I had screwed something up before googling and realising that the story really was just that stupid.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, The Blackangel said:

Do glitches count? If so I can relay MANY such situations.

Glitches are always annoying no matter how it comes in any video games. There is nothing funny about them at all in any way. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Glitches are always annoying no matter how it comes in any video games. There is nothing funny about them at all in any way. 

Not even when you hear an argument off camera and then see someone fly all the way across town level with the rooftops?

Or when a character in your camp starts playing air banjo and actually produces music?

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Not even when you hear an argument off camera and then see someone fly all the way across town level with the rooftops?

Or when a character in your camp starts playing air banjo and actually produces music?

Seriously, a lot of gamers have dumped so many games that are supposed to be great all because of bugs and glitches. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Jumps and going through objects? Jumps from 3 storey building would destroy your knees forever. Some games don't have even health drop for that. And going through walls and trees? yeah like we are ghosts or demons. 

Seriously, I have had so many games where the drop kills you but then again you see some games where developers do a crappy work for allowing such long drop to have no effects on the character. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, a lot of gamers have dumped so many games that are supposed to be great all because of bugs and glitches. 

I know, and I'm no exception. Last year I tried Skyrim for the first time on my PS3. Fifteen minutes in it completely glitched out. The camera started pulsing in and out of focus while slowly spinning in circles. I quit right then and there. But people here began telling me that the PS3 version was so buggy is almost wasn't even worth playing. So I now have it on both Switch and PS4. From what I hear now, they fixed a shitload of the bugs for those releases. I've been going at it on my Switch, but I'm not able to get into the game. It has nothing to do with bugs or glitches this time. The game simply isn't capturing my interest. But I'm going to keep going at it, because I'm thinking that maybe I'm just not far enough in yet for it to grab me. I mean, I'm a FF8 nut, but the first disc is so damn boring that a lot of people never experienced disc 2. So my thinking is to keep at it. If I get in deep and it still doesn't grab me, well at least I tried. It's why I don't read the posts made about Skyrim here. Spoilers. If I need help I'll make a topic, but as of yet, despite not having a damn clue where I'm at or what I'm doing, I'm going to rely on myself.

A funny thing? I discovered that for some reason, at some point, I had the players guide before I even had the game. I have no idea how that happened.

11 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I know, and I'm no exception. Last year I tried Skyrim for the first time on my PS3. Fifteen minutes in it completely glitched out. The camera started pulsing in and out of focus while slowly spinning in circles. I quit right then and there. But people here began telling me that the PS3 version was so buggy is almost wasn't even worth playing. So I now have it on both Switch and PS4. From what I hear now, they fixed a shitload of the bugs for those releases. I've been going at it on my Switch, but I'm not able to get into the game. It has nothing to do with bugs or glitches this time. The game simply isn't capturing my interest. But I'm going to keep going at it, because I'm thinking that maybe I'm just not far enough in yet for it to grab me. I mean, I'm a FF8 nut, but the first disc is so damn boring that a lot of people never experienced disc 2. So my thinking is to keep at it. If I get in deep and it still doesn't grab me, well at least I tried. It's why I don't read the posts made about Skyrim here. Spoilers. If I need help I'll make a topic, but as of yet, despite not having a damn clue where I'm at or what I'm doing, I'm going to rely on myself.

A funny thing? I discovered that for some reason, at some point, I had the players guide before I even had the game. I have no idea how that happened.

There is definitely a possibility that they got a lot bad reviews on what went on Playstation 3 with Skyrim which is why they tried more on fixing the problem in PS4. I'm sure if they hadn't, most people would really dump the game for good.