Register Now
StaceyPowers

Share your stories of ridiculous MMORPG drama

Does anyone have any funny/silly stories of drama in MMOs you played? Like for example, I remember a time when I figured out my best friend’s boyfriend (who we met in the game) was dating two other women from the game simultaneously for the whole year, and had elaborate covers for time spent with each of them (i.e. one was “football practice,” one was “math club,” etc.).

I remember in Eden Eternal, the guild I had joined, the leader was leaving the game. He was going to disband the guild but changed his mind and instead just chose a random leader. I had just joined like 1 minute earlier and said "what's up guys?" and the guild leader goes " you're the new leader of this guild.", appoints me leader and quits the game. Mind you, the members were arguing throughout all of this and I had no idea what was going on. So I told everyone to be quiet and fill me in on what's going on - one of them commented immediately "This new guy (me) has already done more than the previous leader since they all joined.". So once they explained everything to me, I was like " I can't be the leader since I only got here and besides, I think someone who's contributed more and been here longer should be the leader. I'm not going to disband the guild as the leader ordered because it must mean something to you all if you're arguing like this." So I said let's do this democratic way - you guys vote for the leader...and to no one's surprise except mine, they selected me XD.

I was monologuing in my head that "How comes these things always happen to me?". I told them that while I'd love to be the leader, I had a demanding job which was time-consuming (which was true at the time). However I offered to stay on as one of the vice leaders and provide advice if needed to which they agreed. They ended up voting some guy called Ray as the leader which he turned out to be a pretty awesome leader and we went on to become one of the strongest and most feared guilds in-game. 

When I played Maplestory I had lots of friends who always wanted to train with me. Unfortunately, when you train with more people you get less experience points because it is spread to the party members you train with. I would often make excuses to not train with certain people so I could train with others. One time I was caught in a lie 😅. That is when I started training on my own.

On 5/16/2021 at 10:28 AM, lludawg said:

When I played Maplestory I had lots of friends who always wanted to train with me. Unfortunately, when you train with more people you get less experience points because it is spread to the party members you train with. I would often make excuses to not train with certain people so I could train with others. One time I was caught in a lie 😅. That is when I started training on my own.

If I remembered correctly, you could mute chats in Maplestory right? I'm sorry, I haven't played the game since 2015 so I might be remembering some things incorrectly. If so, I'd have just done that and did my training and say that I never realized it was muted.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:21 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Does anyone have any funny/silly stories of drama in MMOs you played? Like for example, I remember a time when I figured out my best friend’s boyfriend (who we met in the game) was dating two other women from the game simultaneously for the whole year, and had elaborate covers for time spent with each of them (i.e. one was “football practice,” one was “math club,” etc.).

The guy must be a master in the art of deceit because it's definitely going to be a pro to carry out such feat.