Register Now
StaceyPowers

What purposes can games serve?

On 4/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, Alexander. said:

A video game can serve many purposes, and it really depends on the person for which purpose it serves. For me, games are a form of escapism to relax and unwind from a hard days work or studying. I play computer games for solely entertainment reasons.

Games are a form of escapism for me too. It's a great way to relax and escape into a whole new world. You could to be whatever the character is. 

On 2/28/2022 at 8:17 AM, Heatman said:

Video games playing is well rooted in the entertainment and relaxation paths. It's why it's getting good by the day. 

Yeah, it's a wonderful entertainment therapy that keeps us feeling alright and thinking less about life shortcomings. That's exactly the mode it keeps me when it comes to feeling emotional. 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:31 PM, StaceyPowers said:

A lot of people say games are for entertainment. But I think they can serve many purposes: art, education, political statement, etc. What do you think?

As a means of relaxation is one of the biggest purpose of video games existence for me. It's a big sense of fun generally. 

On 3/3/2022 at 12:51 AM, Heatman said:

Any kind of video games that I play which doesn't make me happy is definitely getting kicked out as far as I'm concerned. 

Their is nothing enticing me playing video games that isn't adding to my happiness. Tell me the essence of it? Their is no essence or reasons for playing such kind of game. 

Edited by Justin11

38 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Some of the time I feel like there are many things that one can feel better about their life using the games. I know I would feel good but it all comes down to what you can do.

Whenever you are down and you do have a thing for video games, there is no way you would expect not to feel better after one or two play sessions. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

Some of the time I feel like there are many things that one can feel better about their life using the games. I know I would feel good but it all comes down to what you can do.

A friend of mine used playing video games to get himself out of depression. How he was actually able to do it is still surprising to me.