Register Now
StaceyPowers

What purposes can games serve?

On 3/30/2021 at 10:31 PM, StaceyPowers said:

A lot of people say games are for entertainment. But I think they can serve many purposes: art, education, political statement, etc. What do you think?

Entertainment in general then a little touches of education and arts. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I almost saw myself from day one of my life till now loving everything around video games, their is nothing to ask about that drew me into gaming if not for passion. 

The desire to know the experience can be a great reason why you ventured into playing of video games. I know some people it worked like that for. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is a very good friend of mine who makes use of playing video games to while away time. It's the only reason why you would see him playing games. 

Games are bigger than that for me. The reason why I am not playing more, is due to the fact, I am not upgraded to better engine console. I am fade up with my current console games, they don't entice me much. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Games are bigger than that for me. The reason why I am not playing more, is due to the fact, I am not upgraded to better engine console. I am fade up with my current console games, they don't entice me much. 

You will eventually do that sooner or later and all those video games that you longed to play will always be there. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

The desire to know the experience can be a great reason why you ventured into playing of video games. I know some people it worked like that for. 

Yes, the desire have been there for long, it's something natural, and I am still gaming till today without having the mindset of leaving anytime. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, the desire have been there for long, it's something natural, and I am still gaming till today without having the mindset of leaving anytime. 

When I have but few ways do have fun, I wouldn't be too quick to leave the video gaming habit as long as I play healthy. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

You will eventually do that sooner or later and all those video games that you longed to play will always be there. 

Sure ah, I'll definitely do that in the future bro, and I'll be happy to have those games I craved for. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sure ah, I'll definitely do that in the future bro, and I'll be happy to have those games I craved for. 

Seriously, there are some gamers who get into playing any video games they do for the purpose of making money from it. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, there are some gamers who get into playing any video games they do for the purpose of making money from it. 

Personally, I wouldn't blame any gamer who wants to make money off their games because they have a good need for the money. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yes, you can make money with betting on video games, backing yourself with reasonable amount of money or backing another person especially in double players mode when you know you can mount a serious challenge. 

On 3/6/2022 at 3:27 PM, Boblee said:

When I have but few ways do have fun, I wouldn't be too quick to leave the video gaming habit as long as I play healthy. 

Because you got time for other stuffs. Video games wouldn't take all of time, if not, such addiction gonna ruin your experience elsewhere. 

As well, not only can gaming help with stress and anxiety, it can be used for fitness, work, dexterity, learning and more. Video games can do a lot. They can also be used to kill time, or take out your frustrations. 

Just now, Kane99 said:

As well, not only can gaming help with stress and anxiety, it can be used for fitness, work, dexterity, learning and more. Video games can do a lot. They can also be used to kill time, or take out your frustrations. 

Just like now that I'm pissed, stressed out, angry for losing money and even having headaches, I think that it's only having to game that's going to calm me down. 

5 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Just like now that I'm pissed, stressed out, angry for losing money and even having headaches, I think that it's only having to game that's going to calm me down. 

For sure. Gaming is a great tool to have in your arsenal when it comes to fighting the day to day stress of life. I also enjoy watching movies and tv to get through my bad times, but gaming is for sure up on that list and will always be there for me. Sometimes though, I will be too stressed or anxious to game. It doesn't happen often, but when that happens, it means I am really stressed out about something.