Register Now
StaceyPowers

What purposes can games serve?

Just now, Kane99 said:

For sure. Gaming is a great tool to have in your arsenal when it comes to fighting the day to day stress of life. I also enjoy watching movies and tv to get through my bad times, but gaming is for sure up on that list and will always be there for me. Sometimes though, I will be too stressed or anxious to game. It doesn't happen often, but when that happens, it means I am really stressed out about something. 

I can't sleep in this my current situation because it would have been the best thing to do but I'm not seeing it happening with me now. So, gaming then. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Just like now that I'm pissed, stressed out, angry for losing money and even having headaches, I think that it's only having to game that's going to calm me down. 

Why are you having headaches? Does it have anything to do with your losing money today? 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Why are you having headaches? Does it have anything to do with your losing money today? 

The kind of stress that I had to pass through yesterday was too much than I can ever handle. It was why it broke me down. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

The kind of stress that I had to pass through yesterday was too much than I can ever handle. It was why it broke me down. 

It's totally understandable and such kind of things can happen. So, don't beat yourself too hard, so you don't burn yourself out. 

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I play when I am in the right frame of mind to play. I can't play when I am already feeling dizzy. 

It's like trying to get into playing any video games when you're sick in the body, there is no way you would expect to be fully focused. 

19 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I play when I am in the right frame of mind to play. I can't play when I am already feeling dizzy. 

There are times where I'm too stressed out to play, that even games can't bring me out of it. Sometimes when I get really stressed out, I get anxiety even thinking about  gaming. It's a weird feeling for me. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There are times where I'm too stressed out to play, that even games can't bring me out of it. Sometimes when I get really stressed out, I get anxiety even thinking about  gaming. It's a weird feeling for me. 

I believe that in such situations and feeling, getting out into the wild of nature can calm down the stress that you are into. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

You're correct, just like today too, I was very stressed out to play video games. I can't play when my emotions aren't in happy mode. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I doubt anyone can - by the way, is your dizziness caused by illness or something else?

Workload caused it, after series of jobs I broke down and not feeling the drive that time to play video games. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Workload caused it, after series of jobs I broke down and not feeling the drive that time to play video games. 

It's actually not always too good when you over work yourself. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You're correct, that's why I took my time off to relax my body. I am feeling better now, meaning, I can play with enough enthusiasm. 

Exactly, and playing a relaxing video game can equally help you out as well when it comes to being able to get calm.