Register Now
StaceyPowers

What purposes can games serve?

Gaming is a big part of my life, not only for entertainment but I use games to get Innovative, there are some really cool designs developers put in their game that inspires modern technology to build machines, equipments and many more that are well designed and good looking as well.

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

One of my colleagues told me that it helps him mold his focus. I wonder how that works for him in that way because the only focus my gaming does for me is centred on the game. 

I think he is referring to games that requires your intellectual skill as well your ability to use your mind and control your fingers without missing so as to pass a level or stage of a game. If you are able to control your intellectual skill as well as using your mind to control your fingers or other parts of your body at will, then that has helped your focus, because not everyone can control those two mental features at will.

On 6/11/2022 at 5:55 AM, Jasmin said:

I play games to relax and have fun. Adventure games also help me to experience adrenaline rush.

This is why I also love survival horror adventure games like Dying Light and Resident Evil Village. 

2 minutes ago, Boblee said:

This is why I also love survival horror adventure games like Dying Light and Resident Evil Village. 

Have you played Dying light 2 the zombies and every other effect they added on the game just gives me shivers every time. And that's why I only play it at night, or during the day with my curtains close and the room dark with my red lights on to give me the maximum thrill I need from the game.

Just now, Clasher said:

Have you played Dying light 2 the zombies and every other effect they added on the game just gives me shivers every time. And that's why I only play it at night, or during the day with my curtains close and the room dark with my red lights on to give me the maximum thrill I need from the game.

Yeah, I have the game as well and have been playing it for a while now. The long stretch of the game to go for 500 hours is something that caught my interest when it was released. 

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

I think he is referring to games that requires your intellectual skill as well your ability to use your mind and control your fingers without missing so as to pass a level or stage of a game. If you are able to control your intellectual skill as well as using your mind to control your fingers or other parts of your body at will, then that has helped your focus, because not everyone can control those two mental features at will.

I never had it considered from that angle and you have a very good point with your further explanation on this. Thanks for clearing it up for me. 

On 6/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, Boblee said:

I have played a few horror games but horror is not my favorite genre in gaming, I like dragons and dungeons.

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

I never had it considered from that angle and you have a very good point with your further explanation on this. Thanks for clearing it up for me. 

You are welcome mate

Do you have any game you've played in the past or present that you learnt a thing or two from, what game is that and what did you learn?

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

You are welcome mate

Do you have any game you've played in the past or present that you learnt a thing or two from, what game is that and what did you learn?

Yes of course, one of them is Unpacking. I use to be very poor when it comes to putting things in place in my apartment but the game helped me a lot with that. I learnt few was to set up my home decorations nicely. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Yes of course, one of them is Unpacking. I use to be very poor when it comes to putting things in place in my apartment but the game helped me a lot with that. I learnt few was to set up my home decorations nicely. 

That's cool, though I haven't played unpacking. I have a list of games I have learnt some things from like fallout 4 where I gained some inspiration for my final year project work back then in college.