Register Now
Alexander.

Future or past?

20 years from now, I'll have a wide selection of video games to choose from, the entire MCU lineup released to ames that we got to see and hear about. Yet I do not really know this matter. Rather winning lottery ticket or cheat and go back in time and knowning on how to get the achievements 😛

I would go back to the golden era of gaming. The 80's to early 90's. That was the last time games had any individuality or innovation. They were unique, and completely different. Nowadays, everything is a sequel. There's nothing new that hasn't been overdone a hundred times. It's all the same thing rehashed with a new name. I understand that there can be a good idea to follow with a franchise, but at least give it some fucking diversity. Just look at Castlevania. It doesn't exist anymore. The last time I remember a Castlevania game was PS3. That's 2 generations ago. Now, everything is some form of Call Of Duty style game, or Grand Theft Auto game. Why are there no unique games? Everything is a god damn ripoff or a fucking sequel.

Game developers need to grow some fucking balls and take a chance with something new and unique.

In this case, I'd probably want to visit the future because I've been gaming since the 90's so I have experienced a good amount of retro gaming. I'd be curious to see how things like VR have evolved or look at the size of GPUs 20 years from now.

I'm perfectly content in the present with gaming. If I traveled to the future, then the gaming experience might ruin it for me in the present. Only the atmosphere would make me want to go to the past, where I can have a wad of bubble tape in my mouth playing Golden Axe at 7 Eleven, then gulp down a slurpee. Then steal some Now n Laters and kick someone's ass in the back alley and shake em down for some jolly ranchers.  

On 4/2/2021 at 12:42 PM, m76 said:

Why would I need to travel to the past? You can experience past gaming right now without problems. Besides I have experienced most of what gaming has to offer since 1989.

This is a cold hard fact. It's very possible to get those old games and relive the experiences. The future is definitely where one needs to go to and explore.