Register Now
nschuber

Recruitment for survey study

Greetings,

I am a doctoral student of clinical psychology and I am studying gaming for my dissertation research. I came here to post a link to a survey I am conducting for my dissertation, but I don't want to break any rules or etiquette by posting it somewhere inappropriate (or without necessary permission from admin). Would someone please let me know if and where it would be appropriate for me to post the link? Happy to answer any questions in advance. Thanks!

1 hour ago, nschuber said:

Greetings,

I am a doctoral student of clinical psychology and I am studying gaming for my dissertation research. I came here to post a link to a survey I am conducting for my dissertation, but I don't want to break any rules or etiquette by posting it somewhere inappropriate (or without necessary permission from admin). Would someone please let me know if and where it would be appropriate for me to post the link? Happy to answer any questions in advance. Thanks!

Welcome to VGR.

Getting to the point, the answer is no. There has been dozens of people trying to spam this these "surveys for collage" and I never buy that story because it was obvious they were really mining information for commercial reasons. Even if you are being honest, this is gaming forum, not a free billboard. We have no interest in people joining then immediately posting self serving spam and being here only for that reason. If you were willing to contribute meaningfully to the VGR community, then it would be different story, but that is obviously not the case. I don't mean to sound harsh, I really appreciate you having the courtesy to ask first, most people just post with no regard, so I genuinely thank you that, but the answer is still no. A full list of our forum's rules and guidelines is available here, in the meantime, locking this thread. 

Edited by Shagger