Register Now
Patrik

why did you pick a platform over another?

On 6/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, skyfire said:

I'd say if you find them console better than stick with it. platforms are just choice other than that there is nothing much about it. 

Well, that's the issue in gaming, you can't stick to one single thing, especially if you are an enthusiast, there must be surely some exclusives that you wanna try that don't exist in your platform

On 4/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, The Blackangel said:

Being a child of the early 80's, Atari was king until the NES hit the western market. I was hooked by Nintendo immediately. Their exclusives like SMB and Zelda were instant favorites of mine. They also had a much wider range of games and much more unique games that weren't available on other platforms like Sega. So I was a Nintendo girl from the beginning. And up until the Game Cube, I was loyal as hell. I hated both the Game Cube and the Wii. So around that area is when I started branching out to other systems like Playstation. I've always hated Xbox, but there is an Xbox exclusive that I felt like I needed (turns out I DID need it) so I have an Xbox One for that one single game alone. I have recently become somewhat addicted to RDR2. I have it for Xbox and Playstation. My personal bias towards Xbox aside, I honestly feel that the game plays much better on Playstation. A lot of it is due to the controller design. The rest is things like the game running smoother and the graphics being more crisp and clean. In essence, the graphics are more realistic on Playstation over Xbox.

But as for my early years, I was a loyal Nintendo player. Prior to my first NES I had a Colecovision, but didn't appreciate it at the time. What a fool I was.

Did you go on to get the Switch or did you just stop at the XBOX and changed your loyalty to PS?

On 7/13/2021 at 8:06 AM, Shole said:

Did you go on to get the Switch or did you just stop at the XBOX and changed your loyalty to PS?

Why be "loyal" to any platform? Having a preference for whatever reason is one thing, but you don't owe a platform your loyalty.

Edited by Shagger

On 7/13/2021 at 2:06 AM, Shole said:

Yes I do have a Switch. Switch Lite to be exact.

Like I said, I've never liked Xbox. I just don't like how the system works, and on a smaller note, I find the controllers bulky and uncomfortable. I have been playing both Nintendo and PlayStation since the N64/PS1 era and enjoyed them both immensely. I have the GBASP and PSP. I actually have 3 PSP's, including the Assassins creed edition of the PSP. But don't know where a damn of them are. So am I "loyal" to a system? No as I play more than one. Am I "loyal" to a game franchise? No, as I play more than one. Am I "loyal" to whatever interests me? Hell yes. If it strikes my interest, I'm more than willing to give it a shot, assuming I have the money to buy it. I have over 100 DDL's on my Switch. It's hard to get around to playing them all, and some are much more entertaining than others. Some I have beaten, others I doubt I will ever beat. That doesn't mean I don't like them.

Also the vast majority of them are from indie studios. Which in my opinion are putting out the best games right now.

Edited by The Blackangel

Chose the Xbox 360 because my friends had one. We then moved over to the PS4 because the Xbox One wasn't a great console at launch. And since then, I've been team Playstation so I continued that by getting the PS5. I have a Series X as well but I wouldn't say I love Xbox.

Mostly due to the type of games, and how you can play them on the given system. Like I’d never play a sims game on a console since it makes little sense to me control wise, but then again playing a racing game with a keyboard and mouse also isn’t ideal to me either. 

On 9/15/2021 at 5:06 AM, Syntax said:

Mostly due to the type of games, and how you can play them on the given system. Like I’d never play a sims game on a console since it makes little sense to me control wise, but then again playing a racing game with a keyboard and mouse also isn’t ideal to me either. 

that's how i pretty much pick platforms as well + exclusives are important

On 7/13/2021 at 6:31 AM, Shagger said:

Why be "loyal" to any platform? Having a preference for whatever reason is one thing, but you don't owe a platform your loyalty.

Agreed - I'm not really loyal to any platform. However, I'll continue supporting a company if they can continue providing quality products. Otherwise, I'll jump ship to something else.

I was first introduced to console gaming system with Atari 2600 when I was very young. It spurred me into using Gameboy and Commodore Amiga CD32. All these laid the foundation for me to pick the console side first before I later started playing on PC and the rest.