Register Now
Patrik

Game genres that shouldn't exist on a platform, but they still do ? (personal opinions)

For me, Shooting games like Battlefield, Call of Duty or any other game, shouldn't really exist on consoles, because using your controller to control your aim is way horrible and i just can't imagine myself doing that, there are still lot of people that are able to do that just fine and have no issues with it, but i just find it horrible.

your thoughts?

On 4/5/2021 at 4:32 PM, The Blackangel said:

Personally I think emulators shouldn't exist, and that console games should stay on consoles.

emulators are horrible anyways, so yeah, they shouldn't exist, they are like a fake hope for people that think that a pc can play the exclusives for them

On 4/5/2021 at 12:02 PM, Patrik said:

For me, Shooting games like Battlefield, Call of Duty or any other game, shouldn't really exist on consoles, because using your controller to control your aim is way horrible and i just can't imagine myself doing that, there are still lot of people that are able to do that just fine and have no issues with it, but i just find it horrible.

your thoughts?

I think the idea that certain game genres shouldn't exist on certain platforms in this day and age is ridiculous.  Regardless of what control scheme you preffer for whatever gamer whether it be controller, mouse & keyboard, racing wheel or whatever they can and often do work on PC and consoles.  Yeah, I have my own personal preference's to but I don't understand why people throw such a god damn hissy fit about what other people use to play the games that they paid for.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:02 PM, Patrik said:

your thoughts?

If the only point on playing FPS games was to be more accurate at the cost of the control system being more detached from reality, we would be using touch screens to simply "touch" the target to hit it every time. The argument that people should only play FPS games on PC because you can more competitive using a mouse and keyboard gets more ridiculous every time I hear it. Dose it ever occur to the PC Master "of-nothing-except-thier-own-choice-of-corn-snacks" Race that it actually takes more skill and practice to control these kinds of games accuracy using a controller? Interesting how doing it the easy, lazy way breads such arrogance. 

On topic, exclusive games from console brands aside because that's a whole other debate, no type of game should ony exist on one platform. I hate playing 3rd person action games with a M/K, and I also hate playing RTS games with a controller, but doesn't mean people should be allowed to play certain types of games on one platform and not another. End of. 

Edited by Shagger

13 hours ago, Shagger said:

If the only point on playing FPS games was to be more accurate at the cost of the control system being more detached from reality, we would be using touch screens to simply "touch" the target to hit it every time. The argument that people should only play FPS games on PC because you can more competitive using a mouse and keyboard gets more ridiculous every time I hear it. Dose it ever occur to the PC Master "of-nothing-except-thier-own-choice-of-corn-snacks" Race that it actually takes more skill and practice to control these kinds of games accuracy using a controller? Interesting how doing it the easy, lazy way breads such arrogance. 

On topic, exclusive games from console brands aside because that's a whole other debate, no type of game should ony exist on one platform. I hate playing 3rd person action games with a M/K, and I also hate playing RTS games with a controller, but doesn't mean people should be allowed to play certain types of games on one platform and not another. End of. 

14 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I think the idea that certain game genres shouldn't exist on certain platforms in this day and age is ridiculous.  Regardless of what control scheme you preffer for whatever gamer whether it be controller, mouse & keyboard, racing wheel or whatever they can and often do work on PC and consoles.  Yeah, I have my own personal preference's to but I don't understand why people throw such a god damn hissy fit about what other people use to play the games that they paid for.

go easy on me, i was just stating my own personal opinion xD

On 4/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, Patrik said:

your thoughts?

Yeah I dont get it how people play shooting games on consoles, it's hardcore and all, and I bow down to your gaming skills, but isn't a mouse and keyboard just so much simpler and easier?

On 7/13/2021 at 2:59 PM, Shole said:

but isn't a mouse and keyboard just so much simpler and easier?

i actually had a conversation irl with a classmate about this yesterday and he was so convinced that they are more fun when played with controllers than keyboard and mouse, couldn't convince him

33 minutes ago, Patrik said:

i actually had a conversation irl with a classmate about this yesterday and he was so convinced that they are more fun when played with controllers than keyboard and mouse, couldn't convince him

What concerns me about this is that you even tried to convince your classmate in the first place. Some prefer M/K, some prefer controllers. I use both and and understand the benefits and drawbacks of either setup. What I don't understand is this need of yours (and you're not alone in this bizarre mindset, especially among PC players) to have others use your preferred setup as if it's morally wrong to do otherwise. Let people use what the hell they want.

The next chance you get to do the same thing, just leave the other party alone because all you'll succeed in doing making yourself look like a bit of knob. Trust me, I've been on the other side of such treatment often enough to know how I felt about the other person.

Edited by Shagger

On 7/14/2021 at 2:11 AM, Shagger said:

What concerns me about this is that you even tried to convince your classmate in the first place. Some prefer M/K, some prefer controllers. I use both and and understand the benefits and drawbacks of either setup. What I don't understand is this need of yours (and you're not alone in this bizarre mindset, especially among PC players) to have others use your preferred setup as if it's morally wrong to do otherwise. Let people use what the hell they want.

The next chance you get to do the same thing, just leave the other party alone because all you'll succeed in doing making yourself look like a bit of knob. Trust me, I've been on the other side of such treatment often enough to know how I felt about the other person.

when i said "convinced", i didn't mean it literally, as i have to invite him to try both of them and make a decision, but i just find i pretty horrible to play shooting games with a controller (personal opinion), pretty much like anyone who doesn't like pineapple pizza but fine with people that eat it xd

4 minutes ago, Patrik said:

when i said "convinced", i didn't mean it literally, as i have to invite him to try both of them and make a decision, but i just find i pretty horrible to play shooting games with a controller (personal opinion), pretty much like anyone who doesn't like pineapple pizza but fine with people that eat it xd

I'm not saying that you try to forcefully "convert" people, but it's clear that other people using a controller for FPS games does bother you, and the fact that it does bother you an issue all it's own. I'm just trying to understand why people take such issue with that.

On a side note, people who put pineapple on pizza belong in the den of bastards and deserve to die.

Saying that they shouldn't exist on console is a bit of an extreme opinion especially since console gamers can be competitive whilst using just a controller and play well against people on PC using a mouse and keyboard. I've never really had any issues with aim using the controller thumbsticks.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:37 PM, Darth said:

Saying that they shouldn't exist on console is a bit of an extreme opinion especially since console gamers can be competitive whilst using just a controller and play well against people on PC using a mouse and keyboard. I've never really had any issues with aim using the controller thumbsticks.

You may feel so on android or similar devices. controller is often not good choice for some android based FPS games too. a lot of people use those games on PC through emulator. 

I don't think it's something that bothers me when it comes to what games are on each platform and the controllers to play them with. As long as I can use the game controllers and still play good, that's all that matters to me.

It's like my friend who says it's difficult for him to play racing games with keyboard and mouse, I don't have my issues with it because I play well using them for racing games.