Register Now
killamch89

Apple Fined $2M By Brazil Regulators For Not Including Chargers In Iphone 12 Boxes

This won't be a popular opinion and I already regret it as it is a great chance to stick it to a company I hate, but I gotta be honest, the whole thing about them not including a charger with the iPhone didn't actually bother me. 99% of people who fit the combined requirements of both wealth and stupidity to actually buy and iPhone will have at least one USB charger at home already. So including a charger in the box means significantly larger boxes to ship. That means more manufacturing materials and processes used for the contents of the box and more trucks and shipping containers to ship less goods that had a higher cost financially, but more importantly, a higher cost to the environment. And all that for, in the case of 99% of customers, no good reason. So I'm actually fine with the idea of shipping such devices without the charging block just so long as the cable is still included, and if I remember correctly the iPhone still comes with a cable, just not the charge block. 

I will say this, though. I don't believe that the environment was the prime motive for Apple here because of the ridiculous price hike thier chargers suddenly had after this policy came in. Yes, there was a fine motive buried in there somewhere, but that wasn't their motive. The motive was to rip people off, so I offer Apple no sympathies at all. 

Edited by Shagger

19 minutes ago, Shagger said:

This won't be a popular opinion and I already regret it as it is a great chance to stick it to a company I hate, but I gotta be honest, the whole thing about them not including a charger with the iPhone didn't actually bother me. 99% of people who fit the combined requirements of both wealth and stupidity to be actually buy and iPhone will have at least one USB charger at home already. So that means significantly larger boxes to ship. That means more manufacturing materials and processes used for the contents of the box and more trucks and shipping containers to ship less goods that had a higher cost financially, but more importantly, a higher cost to the environment. And all that for, in the case of 99% of customers, not good reason. So I'm actually fine with the idea of shipping such devices without the charging block just so long as the cable is still included, and if I remember correctly the iPhone still comes with a cable, just not the charge block. 

I will say this, though. I don't believe that the environment was the prime motive for Apple here because of the ridiculous price hike thier chargers suddenly had after this policy came in. Yes, there was a fine motive buried in there somewhere, but that wasn't their motive. The motive was to rip people off, so I offer Apple no sympathies at all. 

Most of us knew that " we left out the charger for the environment" argument was always BS. As you stated, they'll need to package those chargers in a separate box for shipping which in turn, creates more waste for the environment with the additional boxes. The reason I applauded this is due to the fact that most other major phone manufacturers have jumped on this bandwagon too and I want to see those companies get fined as well.

22 hours ago, Shagger said:

This won't be a popular opinion and I already regret it as it is a great chance to stick it to a company I hate, but I gotta be honest, the whole thing about them not including a charger with the iPhone didn't actually bother me.at home already. So that means significantly larger boxes to ship. That means more manufacturing materials and processes used for the contents 99% of people who fit the combined requirements of both wealth and stupidity to be actually buy an iPhone will have at least one USB charger of the box and more trucks and shipping containers to ship less goods that had a higher cost financially, but more importantly, a higher cost to the environment. And all that for, in the case of 99% of customers, not good reason. So I'm actually fine with the idea of shipping such devices without the charging block just so long as the cable is still included, and if I remember correctly the iPhone still comes with a cable, just not the charge block. 

I didn't know I was stupid. But I guess since I'm stupid I wouldn't know, would I?

On 4/7/2021 at 10:58 PM, killamch89 said:

Most of us knew that " we left out the charger for the environment" argument was always BS. As you stated, they'll need to package those chargers in a separate box for shipping which in turn, creates more waste for the environment with the additional boxes. The reason I applauded this is due to the fact that most other major phone manufacturers have jumped on this bandwagon too and I want to see those companies get fined as well.

Yeah and the bigger problem is other brands following the suite. I think that is one reason I hate when apple removes something and calls it feature. I mean charger one was really bad. 

22 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and the bigger problem is other brands following the suite. I think that is one reason I hate when apple removes something and calls it feature. I mean charger one was really bad. 

I agree - why do the rest follow Apple and then everyone tries to blame Apple when they're under no obligation to do so. Apple has been steadily removing features for years - headphone jacks, infrared, replaceable batteries. It's such a disgusting practice.

I'm not a hater or something, but why would someone keep buying a brand that he knows it's ripping its users off? I also don't know what made Apple a superior brand (in people opinions) to the other brands when the majority of them are sort of better, lol.

I have hated Apple/Mac products for as long as I can remember. I despise the company. But in spite of all that I still use an iPhone. It's a lot more user friendly. I had an LG Phoenix for all of a month when I got a new phone a few years ago. It didn't allow you to customize anything. Not even the ringtone. It wouldn't download anything. The texts were all fucked up. I took it straight back and got an iPhone. They are at least user friendly and let you customize the shit out of them.

I genuinely don't understand why people keep buying this companies overpriced crap.  Their phones, tablets and especially computers have been measurably worse and more expensive than their competitors for years.  Their cooling designs in particular are so bad that in some MacBook Pro laptops the heat sinks for the CPU/GPU are not connected by way of any thermoconductive material to the extrator fan.  No copper linkage, no air conduit, nothing.  They are THAT BAD!  Then when they overheat (because of course they do) they just stick a middle finger to whatever warrenty and make them buy a new one which of course they do because their consumers are suckers.

I think some of the time it could be experience and some of the time it could be following trend because some people you hate buy it and rub it over your face. I think a lot of people buy apple for that 2nd reason that I know. I think I would be buying apple macbook pro for pure development reason. But ever since I got into ASUS gaming one I think I would not be needing the apple laptop but then again people have to test things like I do to find what works for them. 

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think some of the time it could be experience and some of the time it could be following trend because some people you hate buy it and rub it over your face. I think a lot of people buy apple for that 2nd reason that I know. I think I would be buying apple macbook pro for pure development reason. But ever since I got into ASUS gaming one I think I would not be needing the apple laptop but then again people have to test things like I do to find what works for them. 

Macbooks are great for things like editing and that's why a lot of content creators always use Macs because they're pretty good at it. 

On 4/18/2021 at 6:59 AM, The Blackangel said:

I have hated Apple/Mac products for as long as I can remember. I despise the company. But in spite of all that I still use an iPhone. It's a lot more user friendly. I had an LG Phoenix for all of a month when I got a new phone a few years ago. It didn't allow you to customize anything. Not even the ringtone. It wouldn't download anything. The texts were all fucked up. I took it straight back and got an iPhone. They are at least user friendly and let you customize the shit out of them.

Actually you can customize a lot more things with Android but it also does take a bit of know-how so I can see where you're coming from.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Macbooks are great for things like editing and that's why a lot of content creators always use Macs because they're pretty good at it.

Macbooks were the go to option for creative purposes live video editing and music mixing, but not anymore.  These days the hardware and software options available for PC's are just as good if not better for production.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:18 AM, killamch89 said:

Yes the content creation software on apple seem to be the reason for that. especially audio and video industry makes mac specific software more than the windows and Linux. 

I recently got an iPhone 11 and it did not include a charging plug. At first I was confused but then I realized I already had a couple others so it was no problem haha. Some of my friends use wireless chargers so they have no need for these extra chargers. I can see how it would be annoying though if this was your first phone and you have to buy a charger as an extra expense.