Register Now
killamch89

The Scalpers Strike Again With Super Mario 3D All Stars

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I can go to Walmart right now and get this for like $40. They have it in stock at all 3 Walmart's here in town.

That's pretty neat actually but it mostly impacts people who aren't able to visit Walmart like people in 3rd world countries without a Walmart. Then again, they may be able to get a relative to purchase it for them and ship it to them for much cheaper.

I kinda thought that Nintendo was going to pull a fast one and be like “We were, but now we aren’t” to get back at scalpers, but I guess not. Essentially just wait for these games to be released as individual downloads, if they don’t do it I’m not interested anyway because I never wanted to buy these games bundled together to begin with.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:15 AM, Empire said:

I kinda thought that Nintendo was going to pull a fast one and be like “We were, but now we aren’t” to get back at scalpers, but I guess not. Essentially just wait for these games to be released as individual downloads, if they don’t do it I’m not interested anyway because I never wanted to buy these games bundled together to begin with.

That would be both hilarious and a genius move. A huge FUCK YOU to the scalpers. Even better would be if they included a code within the game, that they could track which would lead them to the scalpers and disable every copy they had gotten and scalped. The ones stupid enough to have bought from scalpers deserve the same fuck you as well in my opinion. Because all they're doing is encouraging these same scalpers to continue with their bullshit.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:15 AM, Empire said:

That's a pro-consumer move and we know Nintendo doesn't do those anymore...

On 4/12/2021 at 6:40 AM, The Blackangel said:

That would be both hilarious and a genius move. A huge FUCK YOU to the scalpers. Even better would be if they included a code within the game, that they could track which would lead them to the scalpers and disable every copy they had gotten and scalped. The ones stupid enough to have bought from scalpers deserve the same fuck you as well in my opinion. Because all they're doing is encouraging these same scalpers to continue with their bullshit.

That would be too smart and pro-consumer of Nintendo and the last time I checked, Nintendo constantly takes a dump on their community.

Picked it up today at Walmart. They had 6 more in the case. I could have gotten them all if I had wanted to, but I think my point is made. Had I gotten them all, I would have given them out to the few people in my life that matter.

It does look like a lot of fun though. I always loved Mario 64. Never played Sunshine. Barely touched Galaxy 2. Never played the first one though.

IMG_1058.JPG

Edited by The Blackangel

On 4/15/2021 at 1:51 PM, The Blackangel said:

Picked it up today at Walmart. They had 6 more in the case. I could have gotten them all if I had wanted to, but I think my point is made. Had I gotten them all, I would have given them out to the few people in my life that matter.

It does look like a lot of fun though. I always loved Mario 64. Never played Sunshine. Barely touched Galaxy 2. Never played the first one though.

IMG_1058.JPG

Mario Sunshine is an awesome game and the water pack on his back will really come in useful in a lot of in-game situations. I don't really remember playing Super Mario Galaxy either - I think I'm going to have to look it up.