Register Now
killamch89

Are You Into Brand-Name Clothing?

Are you into brand name clothing or almost anything will do for you if it's the right quality? Me personally, for the most part, will buy almost anything once I like it and it seems like it's of good quality. The only thing I'll probably spend money on is shoes and I primarily buy Timberland boots because they typically last more than 5 years. Let us know your preference?

I don't really shop for brands but I always have stores I visit occasionally like H&M, Zara, Topshop, Asos but when it comes to sportswear I always prefer Nike for some reason. With my casual-wear I really don't care but I'm very picky when it comes to what I wear at work. Polos are the norm and I love the cut and fabric of Tommy Hilfiger polos so that's just about all that I buy. I wouldn't really say I'm doing it because of the brand. I just think they are the most comfortable.

I tend to buy my clothes at Walmart and Torrid. There I look for what's comfortable and what's cute. I'm plus size, so I often can't find clothes at Walmart other than t-shirts and occasionally shorts. Most everything else, I have to spend the extra money and go to Torrid. It's the only straight up plus size store in the area. There are several department stores like Dillards and JC Penny, but their plus size sections are microscopic and way over priced.

For me comfort beats everything. Brand means absolutely nothing to me. Hell, I've gotten just about every purse I own at Walmart. They have no real name brand. At least not that I've ever noticed.

10 hours ago, Empire said:

I don't really shop for brands but I always have stores I visit occasionally like H&M, Zara, Topshop, Asos but when it comes to sportswear I always prefer Nike for some reason. With my casual-wear I really don't care but I'm very picky when it comes to what I wear at work. Polos are the norm and I love the cut and fabric of Tommy Hilfiger polos so that's just about all that I buy. I wouldn't really say I'm doing it because of the brand. I just think they are the most comfortable.

Tommy Hilfiger polos are pretty nice - I can't lie. There are other companies I tend to get my polos from which may be a bit more expensive but they sure do last. I agree that comfort over brand name.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I tend to buy my clothes at Walmart and Torrid. There I look for what's comfortable and what's cute. I'm plus size, so I often can't find clothes at Walmart other than t-shirts and occasionally shorts. Most everything else, I have to spend the extra money and go to Torrid. It's the only straight up plus size store in the area. There are several department stores like Dillards and JC Penny, but their plus size sections are microscopic and way over priced.

For me comfort beats everything. Brand means absolutely nothing to me. Hell, I've gotten just about every purse I own at Walmart. They have no real name brand. At least not that I've ever noticed.

I totally agree - comfort beats brand name clothing.

I'm not going to lie, somewhere around here, I'm sure I have something that is brand name. Maybe some jeans, or a top. I don't have anything from Victoria's Secret because they don't cater to plus size women. My jeans are typically Walmart brand. I may have some Levi's or Wranglers, but I don't go specifically for them. My shoes are usually the $10 knockoffs that Walmart sells. They last forever and are comfortable as hell. So I don't see spending $100 on a pair of Nike's that will only last a year or two before they need to be replaced, when I can spend $10 on a pair of knockoffs that last ten times longer.

The only thing that I can think for that I go specifically for name brand is gaming stuff. I don't ever buy or use knockoff controllers. A PlayStation controller has to be from Sony. A Nintendo controller has to be from Nintendo. Same goes for Xbox, Sega, Atari, and every other system.

But I have no brand loyalty to electronics mostly. I always like Phillips and Magnavox. But I haven't anything from them in years, and to be honest I don't even know if either is still in business.

I only drink diet soda and stick to Pepsi products, with an occasional diet Dr Pepper. Coke products actually make me sick, and I don't like the flavor anyway.

All sports fans have their team, but I don't think that counts here.

I collect Zippos, but I won't buy knockoff lighters. Only Zippo brand from Bradford Pennsylvania. I also collect skulls, but I won't buy replicas. Only real bone. With a rare exception like eagle or other highly protected animals. Then I have no problem with replica items.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:15 AM, The Blackangel said:

I'm not going to lie, somewhere around here, I'm sure I have something that is brand name. Maybe some jeans, or a top. I don't have anything from Victoria's Secret because they don't cater to plus size women. My jeans are typically Walmart brand. I may have some Levi's or Wranglers, but I don't go specifically for them. My shoes are usually the $10 knockoffs that Walmart sells. They last forever and are comfortable as hell. So I don't see spending $100 on a pair of Nike's that will only last a year or two before they need to be replaced, when I can spend $10 on a pair of knockoffs that last ten times longer.

The only thing that I can think for that I go specifically for name brand is gaming stuff. I don't ever buy or use knockoff controllers. A PlayStation controller has to be from Sony. A Nintendo controller has to be from Nintendo. Same goes for Xbox, Sega, Atari, and every other system.

But I have no brand loyalty to electronics mostly. I always like Phillips and Magnavox. But I haven't anything from them in years, and to be honest I don't even know if either is still in business.

I only drink diet soda and stick to Pepsi products, with an occasional diet Dr Pepper. Coke products actually make me sick, and I don't like the flavor anyway.

All sports fans have their team, but I don't think that counts here.

I collect Zippos, but I won't buy knockoff lighters. Only Zippo brand from Bradford Pennsylvania. I also collect skulls, but I won't buy replicas. Only real bone. With a rare exception like eagle or other highly protected animals. Then I have no problem with replica items.

To be fair, I do have a couple of shirts with Solid Snake on it and the Metal Gear Logo (I  found them again when I went to visit my mother).

I'm not into brand names. I'm for getting a good deal as well as comfort. I get most of my clothes from garage sales or thrift shops. You find so many good deals there. Sometimes they are brand new! I also tend to wear my clothes out then they are cut up as rags. I'm not one who needs to have several pairs of something. 

On 4/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, ZandraJoi said:

I'm not into brand names. I'm for getting a good deal as well as comfort. I get most of my clothes from garage sales or thrift shops. You find so many good deals there. Sometimes they are brand new! I also tend to wear my clothes out then they are cut up as rags. I'm not one who needs to have several pairs of something. 

That's a good way to go about it and other than a few select brands (due to fit), I'm not really that crazy about brands either. I buy most of my clothes brand new because most thrift places in my country don't follow established protocol when accepting clothes. 

When I wear out something to the point that the condition is unwearable, I usually turn the t-shirts into dish towels, and the jeans I give to my brother (not blood) to use when he works on his cars. He is always needing rags of some kind, and he loves denim. His wife, my sister (again not blood) hems the denim pieces all the way around for him so he doesn't get strings of the fabric in the engines. Recycle, reuse, reduce.