Register Now
Patrik

Weird naming schemes for games

I was actually wondering why is it still called GTA (Grand Theft Auto) even if it's not really based on stealing cars, the game series got this name because that's what it was supposed to be based on, but due to some bug, the game took another path to what we see it on these days, but the name was never changed (except that it was called Race n' Chace before GTA).

Do you think that any of the current existing games/series have a name that don't really fit with it?

You still steal more cars in gta than in any other game. So I think the name fits very well.

When I think about weird names, I think about series like

Star Wars Dark Forces, Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight,

which would make the third game called Star Wars Dark Forces III: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast LOL

12 hours ago, m76 said:

You still steal more cars in gta than in any other game. So I think the name fits very well.

well, you steal cars as much as  you want in pretty much in other similar open world game, but the purpose of those GTA's and their storylines have nothing related to stealing cars (except in few missions)

GTA is not weired, it means what the game says 🙂 Think baout it, how many times have you steal a car on GTA online? countless times. Names that are weired are games that are cheap and just pointless and you think what the flip.

Shower with your dad, BAD and the name makes people say what.
Wanker sim, Not even a joke

I say bad sim names are based on sex and adult based content

8 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Or straying from the topic of gaming, SyFi shows Gone in 60 Seconds sometimes.  How is that Sci Fi?  Real people have stolen cars.

I think it's a lot of the stunts that would be science fiction, and people surviving a lot of it. Also, the Sci-Fi channel isn't strictly limited to stereotypical science fiction. They show all sorts of stuff. Including documentaries.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, The Blackangel said:

Yeah but some are intentionally corny. I mean look at MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. A lot of their songs were so corny, the only thing left to the listener was to wonder who's garden they picked them from.

There's MC Hammer corny and then there's this:

On 4/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, Patrik said:

I was actually wondering why is it still called GTA (Grand Theft Auto) even if it's not really based on stealing cars, the game series got this name because that's what it was supposed to be based on, but due to some bug, the game took another path to what we see it on these days, but the name was never changed (except that it was called Race n' Chace before GTA).

Do you think that any of the current existing games/series have a name that don't really fit with it?

Personally, I think that the name GTA fits the game perfectly, I don't really know any other name for it that would have been better than GTA. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Personally, I think that the name GTA fits the game perfectly, I don't really know any other name for it that would have been better than GTA. 

there are lot of names to choose besides "Grand Theft Auto", the game isn't mostly based on stealing cars you know, unlike in Driver, where like 70% of the games are based on driving