Register Now
Patrik

Weird naming schemes for games

On 4/10/2021 at 12:27 AM, Patrik said:

I was actually wondering why is it still called GTA (Grand Theft Auto) even if it's not really based on stealing cars, the game series got this name because that's what it was supposed to be based on, but due to some bug, the game took another path to what we see it on these days, but the name was never changed (except that it was called Race n' Chace before GTA).

Do you think that any of the current existing games/series have a name that don't really fit with it?

I too had the same question. In real life, it doesn't come up with any meaning. Someone said, a person named grand had stolen a car, that's why the name is Grand theft auto. Lol.πŸ˜†

There might be something in the background behind this name. But anyways, it is now famous with it's name only. I don't think anyone would try to alter it's name now. 😊

13 hours ago, Patrik said:

there are lot of names to choose besides "Grand Theft Auto", the game isn't mostly based on stealing cars you know, unlike in Driver, where like 70% of the games are based on drivingΒ 

You have a point which I agree on that the game isn't only about stealing cars but it sure got a good deal with car stealing and it's most likely the reason for the name.Β 

16 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I too had the same question. In real life, it doesn't come up with any meaning. Someone said, a person named grand had stolen a car, that's why the name is Grand theft auto. Lol.πŸ˜†

There might be something in the background behind this name. But anyways, it is now famous with it's name only. I don't think anyone would try to alter it's name now. 😊

they said that GTA 6 will be the last GTA to be made :(, i hope they replace it with something similar or even better in the future!

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

they said that GTA 6 will be the last GTA to be made :(, i hope they replace it with something similar or even better in the future!

Whatever it may be, it's more like rumours anything around GTA6. 😊

This game will remain in my favourite always. I have been playing it from my childhood, and still playing GTA v. I have a nostalgic memories with it. 😊

On 7/31/2021 at 12:44 AM, Patrik said:

Well, I hope they don't do something like that which ends up biting them back in the ass for not making proper surveys and research to know what their fans want.Β