Register Now
skyfire

Nintendo Switch Possible Supply Shortage

In the times of pandemic and the scalpers hunting every product for making some profit, it seems nintendo is going to get hit too. 

Found this news that says according to the director of the company there is possible shortage for the device in 2021. 

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-says-it-has-enough-parts-for-immediate-switch-production/

According to the director of the company that they allow to sell to those god damn scalpers. Yeah that's just bad right. They want to make there money and just sell and then people like me and you have to wait for months to a year and to the point new tech comes out. 

Why am I not surprised by this? I would bet that they're making this story up, in order to boost their sales. They don't care about us as long as we buy their shit. Scalpers start buying everything, and we have to add an extra digit to the sale price for the damn thing if we really want one. The Walmart's here all have a full stock, and many different colors for the Switch Lite. I bought one online this year as a birthday present for my girl. It's not hard to do that instead of giving in to the scalpers. Sure it will take longer to get the machine, but at least you can tell the scalper to fuck off, and leave them with a bunch of unmovable product.

Possible that they could be making this story up. But the thing is that semiconductor issue exists in china and japan as of now and has increased cost of tablets, laptops too. So there must be some truth about what director is saying. besides with prices up they would double the profit than 2020, which they already broke with massive sales. 

On 4/12/2021 at 1:13 PM, The Blackangel said:

Why am I not surprised by this? I would bet that they're making this story up, in order to boost their sales. They don't care about us as long as we buy their shit. Scalpers start buying everything, and we have to add an extra digit to the sale price for the damn thing if we really want one. The Walmart's here all have a full stock, and many different colors for the Switch Lite. I bought one online this year as a birthday present for my girl. It's not hard to do that instead of giving in to the scalpers. Sure it will take longer to get the machine, but at least you can tell the scalper to fuck off, and leave them with a bunch of unmovable product.

To be fair, even Intel is starting to be affected by this because some of the raw materials they source from companies like China and Japan are in short supply. I'm not saying this isn't classic Nintendo being greedy but this issue is affecting a lot of other industries as well.

I doubt there will be a shortage. And even if there is, you can easily order one directly from Nintendo online. Also you can check Craigslist. There are often legitimate people selling theirs on there. That’s where I got my Switch Lite. The guy selling it wanted more than $100 less than the shelf price, and I haven’t regretted anything. It has no issues whatsoever and I love it. If you’re not interested in the docking ability, then you should absolutely get the Lite. A bonus it has over the original Switch is that it can read bigger micro SSD cards. I have a 512g card in mine. If I could afford it I would put a 1tb card in it. The original version isn’t capable of reading a card that big, unless Nintendo has done some recent upgrades to it, that I personally am unaware of.

21 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I doubt there will be a shortage. And even if there is, you can easily order one directly from Nintendo online. Also you can check Craigslist. There are often legitimate people selling theirs on there. That’s where I got my Switch Lite. The guy selling it wanted more than $100 less than the shelf price, and I haven’t regretted anything. It has no issues whatsoever and I love it. If you’re not interested in the docking ability, then you should absolutely get the Lite. A bonus it has over the original Switch is that it can read bigger micro SSD cards. I have a 512g card in mine. If I could afford it I would put a 1tb card in it. The original version isn’t capable of reading a card that big, unless Nintendo has done some recent upgrades to it, that I personally am unaware of.

To be fair, Nintendo is going to release an updated version this year with some improvements in hardware. I just pray it isn't that expensive...

12 hours ago, lludawg said:

OH NO, I really hope there is not too bad a shortage because it is getting close to the time where I was going to buy a Switch haha. Maybe I should just go for the purchase now while I still can? 😅

Its not that bad as in completely halting progress but there is some amount of shortage. I assume this would spike up the prices.