Register Now
killamch89

Epic Games Losing More Than 330m From Free Games & Exclusives

8 hours ago, Patrik said:

i wouldn't personally call it loss, they have gained lot of users by doing that and also were able to compete with companies that are decades older than them

The thing is - those users only are around for the free games. The point of the strategy was to lure them in with the free games and then convert them to loyal customers which isn't the case because these same people still prefer to buy their games off Steam or some other platform.

15 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The thing is - those users only are around for the free games. The point of the strategy was to lure them in with the free games and then convert them to loyal customers which isn't the case because these same people still prefer to buy their games off Steam or some other platform.

ah i get your point now, well, they gotta think about another plan then :/, a company with such a huge budget on hand should sure be able to compete, not take the first position, but atleast gathers the popularity it deserves

23 minutes ago, Patrik said:

ah i get your point now, well, they gotta think about another plan then :/, a company with such a huge budget on hand should sure be able to compete, not take the first position, but atleast gathers the popularity it deserves

The problem is, they aren't trying to offer anything unique that Steam doesn't and just paying developer's more money isn't going to make most of them convert to Epic games. The Epic games store itself has hard been upgraded since its release back in 2018 and is still lacking some basic functions that Steam and other stores have.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Epic games store itself has hard been upgraded since its release back in 2018

i gotta confirm this point, it's also buggy a little bit, like for example, when i browse it on my laptop (that's still using windows 7) there are lot of graphical issues and when having the store open (and not minimized) that increases the GPU's utilization 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:58 AM, Patrik said:

i gotta confirm this point, it's also buggy a little bit, like for example, when i browse it on my laptop (that's still using windows 7) there are lot of graphical issues and when having the store open (and not minimized) that increases the GPU's utilization 

I encountered that bug before when it was first released and occasionally it does tend to freeze my computer for a couple of seconds and mine's a powerful gaming desktop. I've had games that we 99% downloaded suddenly go back down to 0% for no apparent reason.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

that we 99% downloaded suddenly go back down to 0% for no apparent reason.

that bug still actually exists, it happened to me while doing the premium edition of GTA V, the launcher sometimes refuses to resume downloading and deletes the downloaded files from his cache and restarts...

17 hours ago, Patrik said:

that bug still actually exists, it happened to me while doing the premium edition of GTA V, the launcher sometimes refuses to resume downloading and deletes the downloaded files from his cache and restarts...

This is one of the main reasons why I would never switch from Steam to Epic - too many problems.