Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much game content will you sacrifice to do what you want in the moment?

On my first play through of games I always tend to miss a lot of content, because I go for full immersion. I do what makes sense in terms of the story. But if the game is good enough I'll start it again and do a more comprehensive run.

When a game tries to force you to do something I always go out of my way to not do it. That's where bad game design will reveal itself. Because if the game is not prepared for the player going their own way I count that as bad design.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

When a game tries to force you to do something I always go out of my way to not do it. That's where bad game design will reveal itself. Because if the game is not prepared for the player going their own way I count that as bad design.

Same thing I always do - why on Earth is a game trying to lead me down some generic path? It's especially more noticeable in modern games - games are supposed to be for the game to play in any manner they want.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:33 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you ever sacrifice the chance to complete a quest or string of quests just to do something you want or feel is right, like kill a particular character or refuse to comply with a particular demand?

Whenever I play, I play to the fullest and not miss anything out because it's how I get my full satisfaction with the game. Anything less than that is a turn off for me.