Register Now
Shagger

Naughty Dog Confirms that they are NOT working on a new Jack and Dexter, but "they wish there were"

In an article form Video Games Chronicle, we have Naughty Dog's co-president Evan Wells confirming that a new Jack and Dexter game is not currently in development.

During a chat with Insomniac Game's Ted Price, Evan was asked if they get requests for a new J&D game, and of course, he answered that they do all the time, but confirmed thay are not currently working on one. He said Naughty Dog is more focused on new games rather than "endless sequels". That's amusing given the utterly pointless PS5 remake of the The Last of Us being discussed here

Honestly, a new J&D would be a better use of the time and resources Naughty Dog has that is now almost certainly being spent on TLOU remake. I hope for thier sake they're telling the truth when this is about working on new games rather than TLOU remake, because if they're not, people will have every right to be pissed, especially the J&D fan base.

Edited by Shagger

13 minutes ago, Shagger said:

He said Naughty Dog is more focused on new games rather than "endless sequels". That's amusing given the utterly pointless PS5 remake of the The Last of Us being discussed here

If their focus is on new games then they obviously wouldn't be remaking The Last of Us, or at the very least they pass the bulk of that project to another studio like they were originally going to.  This is complete bullshit.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

During a chat with Insomniac Game's Ted Price, Evan was asked if they get requests for a new J&D game, and of course, he answered that they do all the time, but confirmed thay are not currently working on one. He said Naughty Dog is more focused on new games rather than "endless sequels". That's amusing given the utterly pointless PS5 remake of the The Last of Us being discussed here

Honestly, a new J&D would be a better use of the time and resources Naughty Dog has that is now almost certainly being spent on TLOU remake. I hope for thier sake they're telling the truth when this is about working on new games rather than TLOU remake, because if they're not, people will have every right to be pissed, especially the J&D fan base.

Why would they be making a new TLOU remake then? These people are so full of it! I totally agree that I'd be more excited by a new Jak & Daxter and it'd definitely excite a lot more PS owners.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

If their focus is on new games then they obviously wouldn't be remaking The Last of Us, or at the very least they pass the bulk of that project to another studio like they were originally going to.  This is complete bullshit.

That's exactly what I'm saying! I'm curious as to why the interviewer never hit back with that question. I get the feeling that a lot of times, gaming media are so patronizing of gaming companies instead of really asking some critical questions of their practices.