Register Now
killamch89

Sony Xperia 1 iii To be Announced on April 14th

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah Seinheissers also last a bit longer. say normal headphones stay for like 6 months the Seinheissers would go upto 1 year more than that. But yeah we pay for the robust long term product. 

Actually the average headphone lasts for like 2-3 years unless we're talking about the cheap Chinese knockoffs so it's the better deal to go with.

On 4/15/2021 at 3:59 AM, killamch89 said:

I've had Sony Xperia phones in the past and to be fair, they were pretty good and reliable. It's just that their marketing and strategy in terms of phone releases left a lot to be desired. I can see a lot of LG fans transitioning to Sony. If they market this phone correctly which is a huge if, then I can see this phone being a hit. That being said, I might get it as my second phone.

That's been the basis of smartphone industry over the past decade. Companies are and should be trying to push the envelope constantly - you're right about the 4k screen resolution but with more 4k content available and 4k being more widely adopted than Quad HD, 4k screen resolution will be the standard in 5 years time.

I have never been a fan of Sony products as I'm more of Samsung freak. In as much as I'm well aware that Sony makes good quality products, they aren't a thing for me. 

12 hours ago, egghead said:

Sony has good phones especially Xperia, but Sony's phones are not very popular. 

To be, the most popular brand now in my country are Samsung, Tecno and Infinix for Android devices. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

To be, the most popular brand now in my country are Samsung, Tecno and Infinix for Android devices. 

I like Sony phones but the devices are really expensive. Samsung is also a popular brand here. I don't know about Techno and Infinix.

27 minutes ago, egghead said:

I like Sony phones but the devices are really expensive. Samsung is also a popular brand here. I don't know about Techno and Infinix.

I think that it's only Sony Ericson smartphone that I have used of Sony's phone products which was very good back in the days. 

9 hours ago, Syntax said:

To be far I think Sony phones aren't that great, unless you mean camera specs. Otherwise Samsung is pretty much the king along with other Chinese based rivals.

It's been a while, I saw a Sony phone, Sony is world-class when it comes to making consoles, TVs, and other utility electronic devices etc, but no longer in mobile phones. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think it was Symbian phones or something, I can't recall exactly what it's called then. It's been ages. 

Sony Ericsson was a joint venture company formed by Swedish company Ericsson and Japanese company Sony. The company became defunct after Sony bought all Ericsson  shares.