Register Now
Patrik

Games that nobody hate

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This is a pretty tough question because almost any game I can think of always has a steady amount of critics even though they might be well liked by majority of the gaming community.

well, i have mentioned it already, but there are still lot of games with unnoticeable dose of hate around the internet

5 hours ago, m76 said:

System Shock 2

DeusEx

Mass Effect 1

Max Payne

Half-Life

Half-Life 2

Portal

I don't think I've ever seen anyone outright hating these games.

To be fair, I've never really heard anything bad said about Half-Life games. I've seen hate for the rest barring System shock 2 which I don't know much about.

I find it pretty much impossible to believe there is any game that nobody hates.  In terms of games that maybe come close, or a least I've heard little to no negitive critique about I'd say:

Half Life

God of War (2018)

Portal

Final Fantasy 7

Metal Gear Solid

Undertale

Cuphead

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Maybe some of the true classics like Pac-Man, or Frogger? Possibly a Mario game? To be honest I have never heard anyone say Pac-Man was a terrible game,

Maybe this doesn't really count since it's the case of a bad port rather than a bad game but I've heard the Atari 2600 version of Pac Man almost universaly panned for it's poor quality and even contributed to gaming crash.

7 hours ago, m76 said:

System Shock 2

DeusEx

Mass Effect 1

Max Payne

Half-Life

Half-Life 2

Portal

I've seen quite a lot of people that don't like Max Payne.  Most of their complaining seems to be about the main character but I don't remember playing it enough to really say.

6 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I've seen quite a lot of people that don't like Max Payne.  Most of their complaining seems to be about the main character but I don't remember playing it enough to really say.

Are you sure it was about the first game? Because I also hate what rockstar did with the character in Max Payne 3, but I was referring to the first game, not the entire franchise.

7 minutes ago, m76 said:

Are you sure it was about the first game? Because I also hate what rockstar did with the character in Max Payne 3, but I was referring to the first game, not the entire franchise.

I'm not to sure, like I said I'm not that familiar with Max Payne.  I think I played the first a little back in the day but I don't remember much.

10 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Half Life

God of War (2018)

Portal

Final Fantasy 7

Metal Gear Solid

Undertale

Cuphead

I was really disappointed with that entry into the GoW franchise. It just didn't meet the hype it had gotten IMO. Also I hated FF7. The game mechanics were shit, and the story line just sucked. Until the release of FF13, it was the worst FF game in the entire franchise IMO.

17 hours ago, m76 said:

System Shock 2

DeusEx

Mass Effect 1

Max Payne

Half-Life

Half-Life 2

Portal

I've never played any of those, but I'm sure there are a fairly large amount of people who judge in ignorance just from the cover or a YouTube video. To be completely transparent, I don't even know what kind of game the Half-Life series is. Until this thread I hadn't heard of it.