Register Now
Patrik

Am i the only one who dislikes RGB?

10 hours ago, Patrik said:

unfortunately moderating RGB isn't an option in all devices, this is what keeps annoying me so i gotta deal with distraction when playing on night...

Has happen where you have no control on the off and on of the RGB and it's just there with it's own chip to be lighting up. You can always open the system up find the wire and cut the wire, but then you have to be carfull. Mostly there is a cable that's for powering up the lights

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Has happen where you have no control on the off and on of the RGB and it's just there with it's own chip to be lighting up. You can always open the system up find the wire and cut the wire, but then you have to be carfull. Mostly there is a cable that's for powering up the lights

in my case, it's just a small light bulb (idk if that's its proper name anyways xd) that keeps shining, cutting it is real easy, but again, that RGB is distracting only in night :(

RGB will not turn me away from an otherwise decent product but I don't seek it out.

On most higher end devices it can be customized and that includes turning it off or to a single dim color, which I actually prefer over completely dark.

18 hours ago, Patrik said:

in my case, it's just a small light bulb (idk if that's its proper name anyways xd) that keeps shining, cutting it is real easy, but again, that RGB is distracting only in night :(

It can also be distracting in day light which is often low based on seasons and various flashy RGB can be pretty irritating too. 

20 hours ago, Patrik said:

in my case, it's just a small light bulb (idk if that's its proper name anyways xd) that keeps shining, cutting it is real easy, but again, that RGB is distracting only in night 😞

Have you thought about disable the light and so it does not make you rage 😜 or even cover it, then again that be to easy and pointless

3 hours ago, Empire said:

or even cover it

this ain't easy and might make the mouse un-usable in my case xD, the mouse has RGB on the sides as well, covering that might prevents the buttons from clicking

On 5/11/2021 at 10:04 AM, Patrik said:

this ain't easy and might make the mouse un-usable in my case xD, the mouse has RGB on the sides as well, covering that might prevents the buttons from clicking

Well, you can always get a new mouse without RGB but then you're going to tell us that you can't see anything without the RGB XD.

39 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Well, you can always get a new mouse without RGB but then you're going to tell us that you can't see anything without the RGB XD.

i don't think i will be in need of light to locate 3 buttons and a scroll xD

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think a lot of modern models of the keyboards are kind of like this. I just noticed few new android keyboards having the light too. god knows why so much obsession.

yeah, people are actually still living in like 2012 or so where RGB was something unique and sign of fanciness 

6 hours ago, Patrik said:

yeah, people are actually still living in like 2012 or so where RGB was something unique and sign of fanciness 

Actually, RGB has become somewhat of a standard backlight option on the main high-end keyboards and the trend isn't going away anytime soon. I mean, do you see those RGB gaming chairs?

5 hours ago, HolisticStorm said:

I love RGB personally, but I have many friends who hate RGB. Many of them would prefer to have either solid color LEDs or no LEDs of any kind. I can understand why some might find RGB lights distracting or annoying.

As long as you do something that needs focus, I don't think you would like RGB. The moment you do fancy stuff like pure gaming then it is fine I suppose. 

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, RGB has become somewhat of a standard backlight option on the main high-end keyboards and the trend isn't going away anytime soon. I mean, do you see those RGB gaming chairs?

never saw a gaming chair honestly, but one thing i love is that RGB has became optional when it comes to purchasing stuff, like, it hasn't invaded everything yet