Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is the best way through the first hard room in TLOU in the office building?

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Even on three playthroughs, I still haven’t found a way through the hard room in the office building near the start of TLOU other than shooting the clicker from across the room and then meleeing the rest. Has anyone found a better way?

If it's the room I'm thinking off, then it is indeed hellish. It is possible to stealth kill everything is you take your time. I tend to try an focus on the runners, take them out to open a path to clicker to shiv it, then then that's the worst of it over. It is possible and helpful to backtrack and head the opposite direction from your start point to access the far side of the area and pick up a few stealth kills that way as well. 

Edited by Shagger

Correct me if I'm wrong @StaceyPowers but I think the one you are talking is this one where Joel, Ellie and Tess are on their way to the Capital Building:

As much as I love this game I just gotta say it, this sequence sucks!  It is a complete trap because it looks like you can stealth through this which is what the guys in this lets play initially try to do but you can't.  Certain enemies will always detect you and alert the others even if your behind them and crouching, it's bullshit.  You can maybe take out the first one or two with stealth but after that you just gotta run, gun and smash.

18 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

It is a complete trap because it looks like you can stealth through this which is what the guys in this lets play initially try to do but you can't. 

@Shagger has apparently succeeded with this though. But yes this is the room in question. I feel like it is one of the hardest in the game, and I can't imagine how many people it massively discouraged since it comes so early on. But I always tell people "if you can beat this stupid room, you can beat the game."