Register Now
StaceyPowers

Cutest creatures in video games?

53 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I thought about adding Carbuncle, but I had never really said the phrase “I want...” in relation to him. I always wanted a moomba and Pupu.

To be honest, I hate summoning him unless I'm really in a dire situation just because when I want to use healing spells they always reflect -_-. As a matter of fact, that's not his fault either, the whole reflect mechanic in FF always pissed me off.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, I hate summoning him unless I'm really in a dire situation just because when I want to use healing spells they always reflect -_-. As a matter of fact, that's not his fault either, the whole reflect mechanic in FF always pissed me off.

The only time I can honestly remember ever using him is against Edea at the end of disc 1. Almost all of her magic is reflected except the astral punch. So I just equip him to Irvine prior to the fight, and constantly summon him to refresh everyones reflect. That keeps Edea pretty busy casting dispel trying to get rid of it. Any other time, reflect is nothing but a burden. Also it doesn't junction for shit. It may increase something, but the even ara range spells will give whatever you're junctioning to a higher number.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The only time I can honestly remember ever using him is against Edea at the end of disc 1. Almost all of her magic is reflected except the astral punch. So I just equip him to Irvine prior to the fight, and constantly summon him to refresh everyones reflect. That keeps Edea pretty busy casting dispel trying to get rid of it. Any other time, reflect is nothing but a burden. Also it doesn't junction for shit. It may increase something, but the even ara range spells will give whatever you're junctioning to a higher number.

Exactly my point about reflect in earlier games - Even in Final Fantasy Record Keeper, I hardly ever use it because it's such a burden because it uses the old version of reflect. In FF12 onwards, it's pretty useful as @Crazycrab says.