Register Now
The Blackangel

Chauvin found guilty on all 3 counts

Derek Chauvin was found guilty today on all 3 charges he was facing for the murder of George Floyd (RIP) last year. He was facing both second and third degree murder as well as voluntary manslaughter. If I remember correctly, at the time of final statements he was facing a max of 75 years for the combined charges. He’ll probably only serve 10-15 at most though, (if that) with as jacked up as our penal and judicial systems are. Even fellow officers said he was over the line, and often used excessive force in situations that didn’t call for it. Hopefully he’ll be put in genpop and the inmates can get true justice for George Floyd.

Edited by The Blackangel

And another cop shot a man dead and thought she was using a taser. These are the reasons why there are protests that keep occurring. And the red states really don't give a shit. Instead of justice of holding cops responsible, they make laws like in Florida that attacks freedom of speech or the freedom to protest. Now in that state any protestor can be arrested if a cop felt intimidated and they won't get bail. Part of our constitution is due process. How can you deny them bail??? And here we have murderers that attacked the capital, interrupted an election process, and fled from the law, and almost all of them got bail. And they legalized the terrorist act of running over protestors with a car. Well, we know the far right are looking forward to protests in Florida so they can commit murder. 

Cops murdering blacks needs to stop. 

I read that story. Bullshit. She didn't think she was using a tazer. There is no way in hell a person could mix the two up. A retarded monkey couldn't make that mistake. First of all they look nothing alike. They weigh a hell of a lot less than a gun. The safety is in a totally different spot. Tazers are usually made from a plastic shell. Unless the cops are carrying water guns, they're not going to mix that up. And lastly, cops don't carry a god damn tazer in the same spot as their gun. It's not in the holster that their sidearm is kept in. It is not humanly possible to mix the two up. I have a fire lighter that uses a plasma beam that is a cylinder. If they're going to try to come up with this kind of bullshit to get out of a murder charge, then they need to lose their badge instantly.

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

On 4/20/2021 at 6:55 PM, The Blackangel said:

Derek Chauvin was found guilty today on all 3 charges he was facing for the murder of George Floyd (RIP) last year. He was facing both second and third degree murder as well as voluntary manslaughter. If I remember correctly, at the time of final statements he was facing a max of 75 years for the combined charges. He’ll probably only serve 10-15 at most though, (if that) with as jacked up as our penal and judicial systems are. Even fellow officers said he was over the line, and often used excessive force in situations that didn’t call for it. Hopefully he’ll be put in genpop and the inmates can get true justice for George Floyd.

I heard some people arguing that he didn't get a fair trial when the autopsy showed that Floyd's time of death was when the officer had his knee in Floyd's neck. I mean the video clearly showed first-hand evidence of his death - what more proof did they need?

On 4/20/2021 at 9:55 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

And another cop shot a man dead and thought she was using a taser. These are the reasons why there are protests that keep occurring. And the red states really don't give a shit. Instead of justice of holding cops responsible, they make laws like in Florida that attacks freedom of speech or the freedom to protest. Now in that state any protestor can be arrested if a cop felt intimidated and they won't get bail. Part of our constitution is due process. How can you deny them bail??? And here we have murderers that attacked the capital, interrupted an election process, and fled from the law, and almost all of them got bail. And they legalized the terrorist act of running over protestors with a car. Well, we know the far right are looking forward to protests in Florida so they can commit murder. 

Cops murdering blacks needs to stop. 

She's been an officer for 26 YEARS? If that's the case, how'd she last that long being a cop.

33 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

She's been an officer for 26 YEARS? If that's the case, how'd she last that long being a cop.

Pork protects its own, and fuck everyone else. There's not a cop alive that doesn't abuse its power. It's part of why I think we should just kill them all, and implement vigilante justice as the law of the land. Vengeance is the only true justice anyway.

This sets a very dangerous precedent. This was a showtrial. It should not even have been about manslaughter, but excessive force. If excessive force was established then it could've been moved into involuntary manslaughter. Either way the precedent is dangerous because if cops can't use force to restrain people resisting arrest and being aggressive, then what can they really do? I know the media has painted George Floyd as some kind of saint, but the reality is that he was a criminal.

And advocating mob justice in this thread is just insane, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Edited by m76

1 hour ago, m76 said:

This sets a very dangerous precedent. This was a showtrial. It should not even have been about manslaughter, but excessive force. If excessive force was established then it could've been moved into involuntary manslaughter. Either way the precedent is dangerous because if cops can't use force to restrain people resisting arrest and being aggressive, then what can they really do? I know the media has painted George Floyd as some kind of saint, but the reality is that he was a criminal.

And advocating mob justice in this thread is just insane, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Laws need to be passed where cops can't kneel on a person's neck. There were what, 4 cops present? All with tasers if needed. You are also one with a dangerous precedent falling in step to the use of unnecessary force. You have chosen the other side of the extreme. 

On 4/23/2021 at 3:10 PM, The Blackangel said:

Pork protects its own, and fuck everyone else. There's not a cop alive that doesn't abuse its power. It's part of why I think we should just kill them all, and implement vigilante justice as the law of the land. Vengeance is the only true justice anyway.

The only ones who thrive in chaos are the oppressors. The better way is obviously police reform. And if they can't do that, then maybe blacks can create their own police force in their own communities. Maybe they should have their own banks too so that they can get a loan for a house. Support their own businesses etc. And maybe Americans as a whole can do that. It will definitely threaten corporate America. 

16 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The only ones who thrive in chaos are the oppressors. The better way is obviously police reform. And if they can't do that, then maybe blacks can create their own police force in their own communities. Maybe they should have their own banks too so that they can get a loan for a house. Support their own businesses etc. And maybe Americans as a whole can do that. It will definitely threaten corporate America.

I don't think re-implementing segregation would work. The civil rights movement got "Separate But Equal" repealed a long time ago. True, it could work in theory, but legally it couldn't. The police of a black community couldn't refuse to help a white or Asian person. A bank in a black community couldn't refuse to let a Hispanic or Arabic person open a savings account due to their race. It would get organizations like the ACLU and SPLC to lose their shit.

11 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't think re-implementing segregation would work. The civil rights movement got "Separate But Equal" repealed a long time ago. True, it could work in theory, but legally it couldn't. The police of a black community couldn't refuse to help a white or Asian person. A bank in a black community couldn't refuse to let a Hispanic or Arabic person open a savings account due to their race. It would get organizations like the ACLU and SPLC to lose their shit.

Yeah, it is a long shot topic in crazy times. But the cops would police their own county lines no matter who was in it and community banks would serve those in that zip code. I guess that is re-segregating. The Asian communities have done that pretty well as we have successful Chinatowns in most major cities. But then again, they don't have their own police. But they do have most of the time Asian cops representing them. In Houston at least is a good example of that. I wish it was the same in black communities. 

3 hours ago, m76 said:

Before I go any further, I want to make something perfectly clear to everyone. All members are entitled to their opinion, whether you agree with the view(s) expressed or not. I expect people to discuss and debate with respect to that. I will remove any posts that boil down to personal attacks and their may be further actions, including locking threads and taking action against members if if I have to. Just a reminder of that from a modorator stand point. 

On to my two cents. A man that was already restrained and no threat was killed by a police officer and was also denied medical care that would have saved him. And for what? An alleged fake cash note (that was never even proven). He was NOT a criminal. He wasn't being aggressive, he wasn't resisting arrested, only pleading that he couldn't breathe. The actions taken by the respinding officers and especially Chauvin were oversellous and unnecessary, so damb right it was exsessve force. Those officers were used to it being "OK" to use this exsessve force in these circumstances, those circumstances being against a black man. Because they have to be considered more of a threat, right? Because they're black, right? That's the way it is and has been for far to long within US law enforcement. Chauvin is a criminal. Found guilty by a jury of his peers. He knew what he was doing and the fact in his trained mind was "acceptable" is easily the biggest crime of all. I'm tempted to say it wasn't even his fault, but the instead the fault of the system he worked for. 

You say that now police officers would be hesitant to use force to restrain people in the wake of this trial? Good, it's about time they had this attitude adjustment. Sadly, it was to late for George Floyd. And it's not like he was the first. Statistics prove that black Americans are more likely to wrongfully arrested, stopped without provocation, giving unreasonable bail reqirments and subject police brutally and violent constraint than white Americans. Those are irrefutable facts and cannot be put down to coincidence.

Honestly @m76, I'm a little worried about you. There has been several occasions now whare you have shown what looks very much like a very questionable moral compass when it comes to the issue of race. Let me make it clear that you have done nothing wrong and, like I said at the beginning of this post, I'll defend your right to express your views just like anyone else. So this is mearly advice, and nothing more. It might be a good idea to avoid such topics in the future. I just think that it would be for the best. 

Edited by Shagger

On 4/26/2021 at 12:56 PM, The Blackangel said:

Cops are not liked in many white areas.  Many are on a power trip it seems like.  However, though, being a cop is about being "in-control" and macho and all that.  However, when does it go too far?

Edited by Jayson

7 hours ago, Jayson said:

Cops are not liked in many white areas.  Many are on a power trip it seems like.  However, though, being a cop is about being "in-control" and macho and all that.  However, when does it go too far?

I can't argue with that. Cops here are all lazy bastards on a power trip. I've been assaulted and they did absolutely nothing. The asshole that attacked me even admitted that he attacked me. They don't take reports, even when my car got broken into. The corruption doesn't stop there. In my town, it goes all the way up. The residents here all know it. The chief of police, our town representatives, the city council, the vice mayor, the mayor, and everything in between. Yet the voters aren't able to do much. We elect new people to office, and they're taking bribes in their first quarter to keep things the way they are. They're raking it in, so they see no reason to change anything. Thousands of residents have reported this to the state government. The attorney general, their state representative, the governor. Nothing is done. Corruption runs thicker than oil here.