Register Now
mg_simar

Creating an Esports Team

What does it take to fully build out an Esports team? What other aspects are important to remember other than finding good players? For example, building out a social profile might help with some funding and recognition, but is there more beyond that which matters? 

1 hour ago, mg_simar said:

What does it take to fully build out an Esports team? What other aspects are important to remember other than finding good players? For example, building out a social profile might help with some funding and recognition, but is there more beyond that which matters? 

I think that the game builds out an Esports team. These days, the trending games are replacing very fast, and people get bored very fast.

I personally I think management of the players is also very important when building a team. I have heard of teams formulating diet plans and workout plans for team members because they need to be kept healthy and in good shape. Having a good practice schedule and good place to live can also have an effect on overall game performance. Lots of little things can be overlooked!

Unfortunately, esports is a 9-5 job, often 7 days a week. Most of the time its even like 8am-9pm for a lot of people. It takes a lot of business experience or knowledge to be successful. Also sponsors are how teams really make their money, and they'll often have expectations and goals they need you to set (be here at this time for a photo-shoot with a product we have, get to this specific spot in a tournament, etc.). I'd recommend trying some volunteer work in the industry first for some small orgs and garnering some experience from that.

E-sports business is simply demanding. The players are stressed up most of them, they spend lots of time in the computer and also meeting of to demanding tasks just to impress it's employer. If we are to set up ours, we need to examine the basic things needed to be carried out before carrying it out to avoid misconception after setting up our own E-sports team for major tournaments.