Register Now
StaceyPowers

Shortest game you ever played?

There were quite a few very short games in the 8bit era that could be finished in one or two hours or even less.

As for modern games I think the shortest one I played relatively recently was Homefront, it was less than 5 hours.

For a story driven AAA game, I prefer it to be at least 15 hours. If a game fails to hit even the 10 hour mark I feel like I've been short changed.

So many NES and SNES games are like this I couldn't really pick one. A lot of them have 7-8 levels, and that's about it. Many others are straight forward and done, like RC-ProAm. Most of the games from that era were short and quick. The longer ones were always hated because they were considered "too hard", like Zelda II for example. So for a short ass game, it's basically just take your pick and it's pretty much a guarantee that you won't be wrong.

There are a lot of novelty flash games that can be finished in a matter of seconds or minutes. I had games that lasted five hours and got it down to 13 hours. I say under 4 hours was my shortest at one time 🙂 and that's battlefront 2

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is one of my favorites on PC. It took me about 2 hours to complete it and it's very entertaining. udAniEKtVxxWCUancbhHTN-970-80.jpg.bfc4a685e590f2e57d38dd92498ab25c.jpg

That also pee me off with short games, You pay X amount for the cost of the game for two hours worth, crazy. Unless it has other options like MP also. But lets say you pay $50 you won't more then 2 hours of of the story. 

Shortest games? Well, I can't remember like this, but there were some games which I didn't liked at all, Manhunt was such a game, I think that was from Activision(not sure). I didn't find anything special in the gameplay and left just after playing one mission. 😒

On 4/27/2021 at 9:01 AM, The Burnout Kid said:

The Original Fable. Can't remember how many hours it was but it was a short as fuck game. 

Was the game The Original Fable a boring one as well or is it just short in plot? Tell me a little about the game if you can spare the time to.