Register Now
StaceyPowers

Moments in games where everything coincidentally is just amazing

In a GTA V online fight, me and my crew were in a fight with about 4 other crews - it was a pretty intense one too and I was trying to hit a guy on an oppressor MK II with a rocket but it missed and hit a pilot in a hydra that blew up but the body of the plane knocked him off his oppressor causing him to fall to his death and the plane landed on his crew as well kill them all.

On 4/24/2021 at 12:20 AM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you ever experience moments in games where everything—music, ambient noise, visuals, maybe events—are just perfect, generating an ideal moment, even though it is a coincidence? I.e. in open world games, this happens to me sometimes.

Personally, I think that it's something that is very common with me in all games that I play because I seem to have everything checked out before playing. 

On 4/24/2021 at 4:50 AM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you ever experience moments in games where everything—music, ambient noise, visuals, maybe events—are just perfect, generating an ideal moment, even though it is a coincidence? I.e. in open world games, this happens to me sometimes.

I don't think such an amazing environment would be a coincidence. After all the developers works hard to create such a stunning environment for us. 

Last time when I had played watch Dogs legion,  I was so astounded with the surroundings and environment. Ubisoft had really work hard to provide the gamers with an amazing experience.

3 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I don't think such an amazing environment would be a coincidence. After all the developers works hard to create such a stunning environment for us. 

Last time when I had played watch Dogs legion,  I was so astounded with the surroundings and environment. Ubisoft had really work hard to provide the gamers with an amazing experience.

Good point. The developers did work hard at making that immersive environment. But sometimes...some things all come together that just takes you away. Being in the right place, the right weather, the right lighting, the right music. Yes they created it, but they made it real. And by being real, everything in the game and real world is random. So those moments really are special. Maybe not everything in the game world is random, because the creators made the flock of birds fly away when you get close to it right? To imitate the real world, we have to assume there are random coincidental moments where everything comes together perfectly. We are given free will in an open world game. So to find yourself wearing that perfect armor, in that perfect place, and that perfect time, is amazing. And you made me want to get Watch Dogs Legion even more. 

On 5/25/2021 at 1:42 AM, killamch89 said:

In a GTA V online fight, me and my crew were in a fight with about 4 other crews - it was a pretty intense one too and I was trying to hit a guy on an oppressor MK II with a rocket but it missed and hit a pilot in a hydra that blew up but the body of the plane knocked him off his oppressor causing him to fall to his death and the plane landed on his crew as well kill them all.

Seriously, that really went pretty well in your favor because it might have gone all wrong with that miss and he'd probably knock you out. 

23 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Do you know when the first autosave is in that game?

Also, some events in open world games are procedurally generated. I.e. no particular sunset in Skyrim is fully orchestrated--there is an element of random chance to each one, and you won't see the same sunset twice. So if that and the music and your surroundings align in a certain way, it is a coincidence, even though the developers worked hard to create a game conducive to such coincidences.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:11 PM, Patrik said:

this one, except that the ending music is edited, but it got some very unique atmosphere that fits with the game's ending, it's so sad and depressing

skip to 16:43

I can't really get myself to watch it simply because it's GTA, if it's another game genre, I don't really mind watching it. 

On 7/22/2021 at 11:01 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you know when the first autosave is in that game?

Also, some events in open world games are procedurally generated. I.e. no particular sunset in Skyrim is fully orchestrated--there is an element of random chance to each one, and you won't see the same sunset twice. So if that and the music and your surroundings align in a certain way, it is a coincidence, even though the developers worked hard to create a game conducive to such coincidences.

Your last line says it all. If the game is so random that every sunset is unique, that is because a developer had created that feature.

That must be a completely random situation for you, but as per the game's binaries, that is already pre-determined. 😊

Edited by Razor1911

23 hours ago, Empire said:

Yeah, I'm almost like that everyday by doing Flight SIms, HAve you all seen videos and whatnot from it? I do this in my 1440P 144 screen everyday.

Wow, this looks very amazing. I really enjoyed watching it. Maybe I'm going to try something like that. What do you think?