Register Now
killamch89

Blackshark 4 Pro Review

It’s a shame in my thoughts that it's one of the best things about black shark was the look and now that’s gone and it’s another souped up slab design with an outdated look...just lacks the appeal especially when compared to the Rog 5.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:25 AM, skyfire said:

I like the design

ANd yet I do not like it 😛 

14 hours ago, Empire said:

It’s a shame in my thoughts that it's one of the best things about black shark was the look and now that’s gone and it’s another souped up slab design with an outdated look...just lacks the appeal especially when compared to the Rog 5.

ANd yet I do not like it 😛 

I have to agree that the design has been practically identical for the last couple of years and they need to update it. Having said that, it's not a bad looking device.

On 4/27/2021 at 2:10 AM, skyfire said:

Compared to all the heaty device designs out there. Black shark is known for keeping the heat in check. So yeah you may not like it but the design choices makes them money that means it is working for them and gamers. 

We never said it wasn't a great device, we just thought the design could use a bit of an update. I still haven't made my mind up on a secondary smartphone as yet so I might get a gaming phone.

No poijt in getting 5g RIght now in my option. If you are in australia and parts of the US then yes, full stream ahead. However in the UK we just rolled 5G out and it's going to be years before it's really going to be out there. Most UK locations can't even get 4G network.

I'm in a bad location and can't even get 4G ;( and to get 5G have to drive 3 hours away.

1 minute ago, Empire said:

No poijt in getting 5g RIght now in my option. If you are in australia and parts of the US then yes, full stream ahead. However in the UK we just rolled 5G out and it's going to be years before it's really going to be out there. Most UK locations can't even get 4G network.

I'm in a bad location and can't even get 4G ;( and to get 5G have to drive 3 hours away.

I'm with @skyfire on this one. I live in UK in a semi rural area and I get 4G and apparently 5G is available here to although I haven't tested it.  Even if your area doesn't get 5G your still better of future proofing yourself.  If you knowingly buy a new 4G phone now you're throwing your money down the pisser since it's going to be worth next to nothing probably by the end of this year.

The next phone I buy will definitely be a 5G model, I'm just waiting for a good sim free deal.  Their not even that expensive now, I've seen them on Amazon for less than £200.

2 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

The next phone I buy will definitely be a 5G model, I'm just waiting for a good sim free deal.  Their not even that expensive now, I've seen them on Amazon for less than £200.

The phone that I have is an 2021 model and that does not come with a 5G model LOL 

Wih new phones still being released it's shocking that they still do not do 5G support. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

The phone that I have is an 2021 model and that does not come with a 5G model LOL 

Wih new phones still being released it's shocking that they still do not do 5G support. 

I agree - that's the most shocking feature.

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm with @skyfire on this one. I live in UK in a semi rural area and I get 4G and apparently 5G is available here to although I haven't tested it.  Even if your area doesn't get 5G your still better of future proofing yourself.  If you knowingly buy a new 4G phone now you're throwing your money down the pisser since it's going to be worth next to nothing probably by the end of this year.

I agree in regards to that as well - Why would you buy a phone that doesn't support 5G? (I mean mind you, current 5G is more enhanced version of 4G but still...).

On 4/29/2021 at 4:26 PM, Empire said:

Blackshark and the ASUS phone are premium phones. Like the phones close to or more than Apple phones prices based on configuration.

You don't buy these gaming phones like you do buy tablet which are use and throw. Premium phones at the most stay with you for 3 years. 

And so if you are not buying them with 5G feature, better not get it. Because once 5G rolls out and you have gaming phone on 4G not using 5G data speed, you lost big way. 

And worst part even if it is premium phone the resell value wont be good for 4G phones. 

On 5/1/2021 at 12:31 AM, skyfire said:

Blackshark and the ASUS phone are premium phones. Like the phones close to or more than Apple phones prices based on configuration.

You don't buy these gaming phones like you do buy tablet which are use and throw. Premium phones at the most stay with you for 3 years. 

And so if you are not buying them with 5G feature, better not get it. Because once 5G rolls out and you have gaming phone on 4G not using 5G data speed, you lost big way. 

And worst part even if it is premium phone the resell value wont be good for 4G phones. 

Actually the Blackshark is way cheaper than the current iPhone but I agree that phones tend to last for 3 years minimum. The thing is, 5G is taking pretty long to roll out in 3rd world countries due to the pandemic so it's going to take some time before it's adopted by the masses. Having said that, it's still the wiser option to get 5G because those phones can work on 4G networks if 5G isn't available.

Actually 3rd world are the first rolling out with the 5G. For example Chinese telecoms are rolling it out in Africa as of now. Singapore, Phiipines, Indonesia, India, already has 5G roll out this year. 4G phones have only window of upto January 2022 for serious sales after that pure 4G purchase would be officially waste of money. 

On 4/29/2021 at 11:53 AM, Crazycrab said:

A little update on this, today I took the pluge and got a Redmi Note 9T, pretty much the cheapest 5G phone on the market.  It turns out 5G is not rolled out in my area on the network I use but the phone itself is still a significant upgrade from what I had before.  More importantly, despite the fact that I'm not in 5G area I did an internet speed test on my old and new phone using same SIM and network via hotspot and performance almost doubled from 3.3Mbps to 6.1Mbps with the new one.  So even just having a phone that's 5G compatible can make a significant difference.