Register Now
killamch89

Surface Laptop 4 Review - Is it worth it?

First off, I must say that I'm disappointed that it has a Ryzen 4000 series processor instead of the new 5000 series because Surface laptops are notoriously expensive. It covers all the pros and cons of this machine. Would you consider buying one of these machines and why?

I think it looks great and for someone that really likes watches, it means they wouldn’t have to worry about scratching there watch or computer deck. Really interested to see if this is the best Windows laptop around. Interested to learn if that transforms this into a viable option against the Mac.

14 hours ago, Empire said:

I think it looks great and for someone that really likes watches, it means they wouldn’t have to worry about scratching there watch or computer deck. Really interested to see if this is the best Windows laptop around. Interested to learn if that transforms this into a viable option against the Mac.

The Mac is actually more powerful and is cheaper (It's a real surprise) and there are far more powerful Windows laptops that cost less as well. This is the issue I've always had with surface devices, they're so overpriced!

On 4/28/2021 at 12:43 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah mac indeed is cheaper in comparison and also lot more premium quality, because macs survive for years. I have not seen the microsoft devices surviving that long. 

I agree - they may get software updates but Surface devices in general become very slow and laggy around the 3-year mark. You could get far better Windows laptops for the price the Surface laptop 4 is going for and that says a lot.

On 5/1/2021 at 12:32 AM, skyfire said:

Indeed. And the thing is that considering Surface has WIndows10 X which is small version of Windows 10. I wont be investing much on such chromebook like devices by paying apple price. 

I had one about 3-4 years ago that I got as a gift and apart from emulation, I'd say it was very average at everything else. For the price, it's so under powered that it might as well be a Chromebook.

On 5/4/2021 at 3:31 AM, skyfire said:

I am surprised though how microsoft is trying to replace the chromebook with 10x version and it seems like the amount of price they are charging if they are even getting customers for it. 

I haven't really checked out the amount of people buying one but I suspect the number can't be that great because the price is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, 1500 -2000 for fully specced surface laptop 4?

On 5/13/2021 at 2:22 AM, killamch89 said:

I haven't really checked out the amount of people buying one but I suspect the number can't be that great because the price is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, 1500 -2000 for fully specced surface laptop 4?

Upper middle class that can afford apple devices like they buy some grocery items then those can do so in the surface laptop easily.