Register Now
killamch89

Marvel's Avengers Director Leaves Company

I must say that this Marvel's Avengers game is claiming more people than Thanos did. No seriously, it's destroying Square Enix's reputation although Outriders is continuing that trend. They just need to kill off this game and be done with it. They'll never recoup the money they invested and that should teach them...or not. What are your thoughts on this?

Outriders is just as bad a game as avengers imo. They should stick to things they do right, like Tomb Raider and DeusEx, just don't turn those into multiplayer abominations. Of course you can't continuously monetize a single player game, unless you put in real work.

Edited by m76

Why I read it as "Marvel's Avengers Director Leaves Crystal Dynamics as Game Commits Suicide" is beyond my understanding. Why they havent been pumping out new map types & Marvel villain bosses to add the kind of variety to the endgame everyone wanted, & done some kind of gear/loot rework. like considering how much work this game needed they have been incredibly slow & have not addressed the most common player complaints almost at all, no wounder that he left right? or just gave up. 

I'm convinced it could have been any developer, or even any publisher for that matter, and this game would have been pretty much the same regardless. This was little more than bread and butter for Square Enix with Crystal Dynamics as a developer for higher. A soulless, cooperate attempt to print money at the behest of Marvel crafted with all the passion and heart of a Starbucks coffee.

No wonder this dude was fed up. Square Exix is a publisher that can do great things and Crystal Dynamics are a talented developer, but everyone knew what this was even before the game came out and knew that neither of these companies really had their hearts into this. 

13 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm convinced it could have been any developer, or even any publisher for that matter, and this game would have been pretty much the same regardless. This was little more than bread and butter for Square Enix with Crystal Dynamics as a developer for higher. A soulless, cooperate attempt to print money at the behest of Marvel crafted with all the passion and heart of a Starbucks coffee.

No wonder this dude was fed up. Square Exix is a publisher that can do great things and Crystal Dynamics are a talented developer, but everyone knew what this was even before the game came out and knew that neither of these companies really had their hearts into this. 

I totally agree - it always seemed like a cash grab from the get-go.

14 hours ago, m76 said:

Outriders is just as bad a game as avengers imo. They should stick to things they do right, like Tomb Raider and DeusEx, just don't turn those into multiplayer abominations. Of course you can't continuously monetize a single player game, unless you put in real work.

I tried out Outriders for like a couple of hours and I was already fed up. First of all, I couldn't get into the game and then when I did, it was laggy and glitchy. I got the key for free and I still feel like I was robbed. Ironically, Outriders is still a better game than Marvel's Avengers and that's saying a lot.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, Crazycrab said:

This is a shame.  Crystal Dynamics have done some amazing work when they are passionate about it like the reboot of Tomb Raider.  Marvel's Avengers was a project that I had the feeling from the beginning had little to no passion to it, it was just a job.

Totally agree with this - it always felt like it was a cash grab. I doubt anyone felt like it would've been a success. I even said that after watching the numerous gameplay trailers.

On 4/25/2021 at 1:20 AM, skyfire said:

I think square enix unnecessary touched the franchise. I mean marvel graphics and keeping up with their changing games and the comics lineup is demanding for game studios to keep up. 

Square Enix just wanted a quick come up and they got what they rightfully deserved. The worse thing about it is that superhero games are under more scrutiny because they're usually terrible so Square Enix should've put far more time and energy into making it at least half-decent.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:14 AM, killamch89 said:

Square Enix just wanted a quick come up and they got what they rightfully deserved. The worse thing about it is that superhero games are under more scrutiny because they're usually terrible so Square Enix should've put far more time and energy into making it at least half-decent.

If I am not wrong they did some external consultation and the design plenty of times in the past. But it seems like not always one can succeed at those sort of the things. 

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

If I am not wrong they did some external consultation and the design plenty of times in the past. But it seems like not always one can succeed at those sort of the things. 

They knew the game wasn't ready but they pushed it out anyways because they thought most people would be stupid enough to buy this cash-grab. Unfortunately for them, superhero games are typically met with such skepticism that once a new one is announced, most people will automatically think it's garbage until the launch and reviews says otherwise.

On 5/4/2021 at 1:45 AM, killamch89 said:

They knew the game wasn't ready but they pushed it out anyways because they thought most people would be stupid enough to buy this cash-grab. Unfortunately for them, superhero games are typically met with such skepticism that once a new one is announced, most people will automatically think it's garbage until the launch and reviews says otherwise.

Yes in that case I'd say the franchise and both the series are in trouble and they may require overhaul of all the things in order to keep the product alive. 

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes in that case I'd say the franchise and both the series are in trouble and they may require overhaul of all the things in order to keep the product alive. 

That's the thing, the update is no longer coming out and it seems to be getting worse by the day for the team who worked on Marvel's Avengers. I'm glad it happened because that'll teach them to stop making substandard games and trying to rip off customers with popular branding.

On 6/3/2021 at 2:54 AM, killamch89 said:

Another update: Marvels Avengers isn't getting the 2.0 update and the Red Room Event Launched Broken for some players which tells us that the game is basically on life support.

I am pretty much sure that the players who are active will eventually leave as well. It seems like those old MMO games with last few months of the server support. isnt it?

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am pretty much sure that the players who are active will eventually leave as well. It seems like those old MMO games with last few months of the server support. isnt it?

The whole thing is in disarray so I'm pretty sure by the end of next year, it'll have completely shut down.