Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you try to play straight-up “good” or “evil” according to a game’s moral system?

I tend to make choices based on what feels right to me. I usually serve the greater good which means every now and then, somebody might have to be sacrificed to save millions of lives and I'm okay with that. After all, you can't save everyone and victory in war doesn't come without its sacrifices.

I always do what feels right to me, even if the game qualifies it as evil. Just recently I played Dishonored 2 and my strategy was: Every traitor must die!  Whenever a character betrays me in games or hurts someone not deserving I go out of my way to punish them.

I was told in the military aptitude test that my sense of justice is too high. Therefore I'm not a great candidate to become a soldier because I take no bullshit from anyone, and that includes videogame characters.

Nope. I do like to keep my honor rating high in RDR2, but I don't specifically go good or evil. I just play as I see fit. If that makes my character good then so be it. If that makes my character evil then so be it. If it puts me somewhere in the middle then so fucking be it.

I don't care.

I feel like I am not a very evil person haha so I usually lean more towards the good side or just go with my gut decisions. However, in some games the "evil team" just looks so cool if you know what I mean. Like when the evil crew has red/black evil devil armour... it can look so awesome!

22 hours ago, DarthVanity said:

First game I recall having a moral system i ever played was KOTOR and when I learned there was darkside options it was darkside all the way. In games with these options I almost always play through evil first then good on a new playthrough.

I tend to be a chaotic good character which means I serve the greater good but I'm not above resorting to "evil" methods to bring about the result. Of course, there are the times I just do "evil" stuff just to see the outcome.

48 minutes ago, lludawg said:

I feel like I am not a very evil person haha so I usually lean more towards the good side or just go with my gut decisions. However, in some games the "evil team" just looks so cool if you know what I mean. Like when the evil crew has red/black evil devil armour... it can look so awesome!

True but the evil laughs tend to be a bit corny though and why does every evil laugh have to accompanied with some kind of weird music or lightning effects?

Never really thought about it, being good or bad but most of the time you always play the game/story again and taken on the other story sided. I say what I feel and how the story is going to become as it's being done. 

On 4/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, StaceyPowers said:

When you play a game with choices, do you try to align fully good or evil based on the game’s moral system, or do you make choices that feel right to you?

I'm the kind of person or gamer who likes to explore a lot of things while playing, so I do both just to satisfy my curiosity. 

I have to admit that with my experience with RDR2, I had to cut back on the foul play because of bounty hunters always after me, but at one point I said screw it. I put it in first person and just charged at every civilian I saw and just grabbed them, beat em, and capped em point blank to the head. Then run like a maniac at others while they tried to run off and I'd knock em down and hold the gun to their head BLAM!!! I would run after the next, and cap em in the leg to watch em tumble to the ground. Beat em and BLAM!!! It was a freakin amazing adrenaline rush and just plain looney and fun; then I get into a gun fight and eventually keep going crazy till I die, then do it several more times. Then I go back to an old save where none of that ever happened. Now that I got that off my chest...

On 5/16/2021 at 9:23 PM, Syntax said:

I tend to try to play as a good character first through the first gameplay, and then might do the evil side in order to get all of the rewards or trophies unlocked.

Exactly, the curiosity of needing to know what it feels like to play in the other character wouldn't let me rest till I play it.