Register Now
ZandraJoi

The Fifth Element movie

A movie with Bruce Willis from 1997. I always liked him as an actor. I’ve watched it several times. It’s one of those movies that when you happen to see it on TV, you can’t help but watch lol It’s an Action, Sci-Fi type with comedy. Deals with the 4 elements: fire, water, earth, air. I got hooked on the song at the end: Little Light of Love by Eric Serra. Anybody watch this? Did you like it?

I've watched it several times. I have the DVD somewhere around here. It's not bad. Willis did a pretty good job in it. Not his best work, but definitely not his worst either.

My vote for his worst would be a tie between The Sixth Sense, and the entire Die Hard series, as all those movies were simply god awful.

My vote for his best would be Armageddon. The Last Boy Scout was a damn good movie too.

Edited by The Blackangel

Loved this movie! Watched it a lot growing up. We used to quote probably everything Milla Jovovich's character said. I enjoy it. It has charm and is incredibly different compared to a lot of sci-fi which is what I find endearing about it. I wanted more Gary Oldman though. Not sure if you knew this OP but in this movie the good guy Korben Dallas (Bruce Willis) never once runs into the badguy Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg (Gary Oldman). I thought that was a fun fact. I also really loved the opera scene/Leeloo kicking butt. 

"Leeloo Dallas multipass!"

download.jpeg

The brains behind The Fifth Element would have been better off adding a sixth element - common sense - to the plot, and allowing it to form a bridge between the film's fantastic visual appeal and its ramshackle plot.

Bruce Willis was good back then in most great films that people like, not like now. I do not know why he's going down a hole right now with films in the last two years. Bruce Willis has been doing acting in cheap and crap films.

2 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

@DarthVanity I never realized that! You are right though! lol I love how Leeloo says "Multipass" with her accent. Anybody use IMDB.com & look at the trivia, goofs there? Another trivia: The "Divine Language" was created by Luc Besson & he & Milla Jovovich talked to each other & wrote notes back & forth.

That is pretty awesome and I had no clue.

Does anybody like it?  Who DOESN'T like it?  This movie is awesome!  And so much talent in here too, with Milla Jovovich before she became super famous, and my god you can never go wrong with Gary Oldman.

Edited by Steerminator

On 4/28/2021 at 1:15 PM, The Blackangel said:

I've watched it several times. I have the DVD somewhere around here. It's not bad. Willis did a pretty good job in it. Not his best work, but definitely not his worst either.

My vote for his worst would be a tie between The Sixth Sense, and the entire Die Hard series, as all those movies were simply god awful.

My vote for his best would be Armageddon. The Last Boy Scout was a damn good movie too.

Wow.  I gotta say I never thought I'd hear someone call Die Hard "god awful."  I mean, I would tend to agree with you with most of those movies, but the first one is a classic.

The Last Boy Scout is fucking awesome though.  That movie has like the best one liners ever.

Edited by Steerminator