Register Now
lludawg

Your favourite Final Fantasy version?

Final Fantasy X is like one of my favourite games ever and I am thinking of busting out the PS2 to replay it but I am wondering if you have any favourite versions that you loved. Maybe I'll choose one of your favourites to play instead of FFX if you can convince me 😁.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My favorite Final Fantasy game is FF8 because it has an amazing story, the GF system was pretty great and I think the overall game has so much to offer. It's a shame it gets so much hate from majority of the Final Fantasy community.

This.

Also the introduction of the junction system was a huge step up. The twists and turns in the story were some of the best I’ve seen in a game. And the graphics of the cutscenes were and are some of the best graphics any game has ever featured. Considering the game was released on PS1 that’s really saying something.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

This.

Also the introduction of the junction system was a huge step up. The twists and turns in the story were some of the best I’ve seen in a game. And the graphics of the cutscenes were and are some of the best graphics any game has ever featured. Considering the game was released on PS1 that’s really saying something.

The graphics does hold up better than FF7 or FF9 ironically.

11 hours ago, lludawg said:

Final Fantasy X is like one of my favourite games ever and I am thinking of busting out the PS2 to replay it but I am wondering if you have any favourite versions that you loved. Maybe I'll choose one of your favourites to play instead of FFX if you can convince me 😁.

Final Fantasy X is probably my favourite too.  It might be that I have a bit of a soft spot for it being the first FF I played (I had an N64 and not a PlayStation).  You don't necessarily need to brush the dust off your PS2, the FF X/X-2 HD Remaster is available on pretty much every modern platform.

I've been replying Final Fantasy XII (Zodiac version) lately and I find that it often got the cold sholder, at least when it first came out.  The new Zodiac version fixes the majority of the problems by re-introducing the Zodiac class system and It's now one of the best in imo.

If you were to ask 10 players what the best Final Fantasy is you'll probably get 10 different answers but If their's one thing that just about all will agree on....  Final Fantasy XIII, it's sequels and it's cast of total douchbags are easily the worst!

Probably an unpopular opinion, but mine has to be VIII. It was the first one I ever played, and I still love replaying it to this day! I’m currently in a replay of the remastered version and it feels only better than it had before!

I’ve played all of the other titles and have enjoyed every one of them! I get a sense of nostalgia from all of them every time I replay them. However, VIII still gives me a nostalgic feeling that’s slightly different from the rest. I’m sure because it’s my first entry into something that I now love, but the opening sequence, style and music still really resonate with me now 20 years later!

I have an unpopular opinion here. Obviously I agree with @Crazycrab the FF13 is the worst they came out with. But in my eyes. it is easily rivaled by FF7. I hated it so much it almost put me off on the entire series. I'm glad FF8 went the direction it did, because it almost instantly rekindled my love for Final Fantasy in general. I still hate FF7 and FF13, and I'm not a fan of online gaming as a whole, so I don't play FF14. I have nothing against FF14. I've seen it played and it's a beautiful game. I just don't play it because I don't enjoy online games.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I have an unpopular opinion here. Obviously I agree with @Crazycrab the FF13 is the worst they came out with. But in my eyes. it is easily rivaled by FF7. I hated it so much it almost put me off on the entire series. I'm glad FF8 went the direction it did, because it almost instantly rekindled my love for Final Fantasy in general. I still hate FF7 and FF13, and I'm not a fan of online gaming as a whole, so I don't play FF14. I have nothing against FF14. I've seen it played and it's a beautiful game. I just don't play it because I don't enjoy online games.

I've played 14 and it's okay but I just don't quite enjoy it like a single-player FF like 7, 8 or 10. 13 was pretty weird to me so I never finished that game. That said, Raines is one of my favorite villains in the entire Final Fantasy series.

Ff9 was a bit too cartoony for me. I mean Amarant Coral just looks like a giant chicken. Seriously? WTF? I have FFX/X2 but haven’t really gotten into them yet. One of the most attractive things about them is that X2 was the first true sequel in the series. I like that a lot.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ff9 was a bit too cartoony for me. I mean Amarant Coral just looks like a giant chicken. Seriously? WTF? I have FFX/X2 but haven’t really gotten into them yet. One of the most attractive things about them is that X2 was the first true sequel in the series. I like that a lot.

You have FFX but have not played!? You totally should 😝. I love that game so much haha, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

I've played FFX, I just haven't gotten too far into it. I will admit that it's a sweet game, I'm just sidetracked by other games currently. When I burn out on them, I'll start up on my switch, and leave my PS3 alone so I don't have to worry about being in one room to play it.

On 4/29/2021 at 7:30 PM, The Blackangel said:

I agree - the Final Fantasy games aren't usually related in any direct way. They don't even follow a chronological order either which makes the FF lore a headache to explain.

43 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - the Final Fantasy games aren't usually related in any direct way. They don't even follow a chronological order either which makes the FF lore a headache to explain.

It's not really that complicated.  Untill Final Fantasy X-2 each was one is its own self contained universe unrelated to any of the others.  They have common elements like enemies, abilities, weapons and a guy called Sid (weird) but if your playing a Final Fantasy game for the first time you don't need to know anything about the others.

Now Kingdom Hearts...  Try to explain THAT franchise to a newcomer and their brain will melt.  It's more complicated that the Space Shuttle!