Register Now
DarthVanity

PVP vs PVE

When you play video games which do you folks gravitate to? Which games? I haven't played a game that involved PVP in a while. Last time was probably PUBG and Project Zomboid on public servers but I do prefer the much more laid gaming experience. 

Edited by DarthVanity

I really like both. PVP games like World of Warcraft or Rocket League are very fun for me but I also enjoy playing PVE games such as Final Fantasy or Pokemon. I do find PVE games have much more of a relaxing vibe though.

I strongly prefer PVP when its consentual for both sides, at least moderately so. Forcing a fight is fine, so long as both sides have time to prepare and get in the proper headspace.

I absolutely hate PVP when its one party surprise attacking another with basically zero warning, when that other side was just minding its own business doing some pve activity. This is a completely toxic form of PVP as it encourages players to consider other players as objects that can be abused for their entertainment.

Solo gaming is what I go for. I just completely don't enjoy online gaming. I've tried it several times, with several games, and hated the experience every time. I don't even have any interest in even fighting someone else in games like Mortal Kombat or playing 2 player in SMB games.

I'm not slamming PVP gaming, or those that enjoy gaming that way. It's just not for me.

Edited by The Blackangel

6 hours ago, Patrik said:

I don't enjoy PVP online as much i do in offline, it's just like that, toxic people, cheaters and kids are what made me think this way and revoked the fun from online competition games unfortunately

Can't really argue with that - there's a lot of toxic PVPers I've encountered over the last decade across many games and truer words have never been said. What irks me are the ones that copy a proven build and act like their the best fighter ever. I love picking on those people lol.

I play PVP mostly for the MMO and the MOBA games. And they can be fun depending on what is your mood. Some of the time I make sure to invest my time in such way that I get better output from the single player games and sometimes PVP. 

On 4/30/2021 at 2:28 PM, Patrik said:

I don't enjoy PVP online as much i do in offline, it's just like that, toxic people, cheaters and kids are what made me think this way and revoked the fun from online competition games unfortunately

When they have really frustrated you, there is no way you would fancy playing them online because they are bunch of lowlife who can't play without cheats.