Register Now
killamch89

It Took Google 17 months To Add A Search Bar To Stadia And the Whole Internet is laughing

This is on so many levels pretty hilarious and ironic. You'd think that'd be one of the first basic features they'd add since that's Google's forte. I can't even blame people for laughing about this - it's hilarious! What do you guys think about this?

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Better title would be When The Giants Get Dumb

At this point, anybody that took the Google Stadia seriously needs to get their heads checked out. I severely lowered my expectations for this and it's still disappointing. Why did they even bother?

Because the jackasses that created Google because billionaires 20 years ago, and have just become one more Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos. If they think it can be an easy buck, then they’re going for it. They probably to their development team to leave that out because this was a game system not a browser window.

Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo have included browsers. What logical reason Google would have to forgo that, is beyond anything I can grasp.

On 5/1/2021 at 12:27 AM, skyfire said:

Stadia is kind of experiment for them. I am sure they could be investing more only if there are some of the buyers. But a lot of potential customers may move to the Luna of Amazon. 

Actually, Stadia was their attempt at beating everybody to the punch when it came to cloud-gaming solutions. The problem is that they hyped it up and under-delivered to such a degree that even people with absolutely no expectations were still disappointed. Most people will just get Xbox gamepass since it has a ton of games and lots of features. Not to mention, it's more affordable than the Stadia.

On 4/30/2021 at 11:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

Because the jackasses that created Google because billionaires 20 years ago, and have just become one more Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos. If they think it can be an easy buck, then they’re going for it. They probably to their development team to leave that out because this was a game system not a browser window.

Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo have included browsers. What logical reason Google would have to forgo that, is beyond anything I can grasp.

I agree that they're seriously out of touch. The issue had been continuously raised even before the Stadia launched - How were they planning to compete with the likes of Xbox and other well-known brands in the gaming industry? Well, we shouldn't have been surprised at the outcome.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, Stadia was their attempt at beating everybody to the punch when it came to cloud-gaming solutions. The problem is that they hyped it up and under-delivered to such a degree that even people with absolutely no expectations were still disappointed. Most people will just get Xbox gamepass since it has a ton of games and lots of features. Not to mention, it's more affordable than the Stadia.

Trust me knowing googles history of closing product. just wait for the countdown when the stadia too closes eventually. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Always a sane that it's better late then never right, yet google is just a madness company at times. Who is using the search bar anyway? 

It's a useful function especially when using it to find games - it's ironic because one of the pioneers of the search bar doesn't have it on their platform which makes it hilarious.

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

Trust me knowing googles history of closing product. just wait for the countdown when the stadia too closes eventually. 

You're right. I keep pointing out the fact that they have had so many failed products and sudden product closures over the last decade makes this not much of a surprise.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It seems to me that this is just going to be another Google Glass.

It annoys me that Google bought Focals By North just to stop them from being competitive. They've stopped selling and supporting Focals by North Smart Glasses anyways. It annoys me that they have that technology at their fingertips and yet they fail to make any use of it.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You're right. I keep pointing out the fact that they have had so many failed products and sudden product closures over the last decade makes this not much of a surprise.

And the fact that search engine giant adds search feature the last sounds like self insult to be honest. 

On 5/5/2021 at 3:25 AM, skyfire said:

And the fact that search engine giant adds search feature the last sounds like self insult to be honest. 

Nobody should be surprised at Google Ads on the Stadia.

4 hours ago, lludawg said:

I was definitely one of the people laughing haha. Honestly this is so funny that it kind of makes me want to try Stadia LOL.

I'd warn against it - you might die of laughter...

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nobody should be surprised at Google Ads on the Stadia.

Yes the investor planning also must have dried down considering other platforms are going to be better in near future.