Register Now
DarthVanity

Is turkey bacon evil?

Looks good to me. Regular bacon is high in fat, and sodium. My eyes get puffy after eating regular bacon cause the sodium. Those eggs look good. I have a bunch of chickens and they produce a daily supply of eggs. They are the greatest animal in the world. Or bird. Or whatever. They will save your life in a crisis. But one thing to consider is that is straight up a high protein meal. Where are the carbs? 

Just now, Reality vs Adventure said:

Looks good to me. Regular bacon is high in fat, and sodium. My eyes get puffy after eating regular bacon cause the sodium. Those eggs look good. I have a bunch of chickens and they produce a daily supply of eggs. They are the greatest animal in the world. Or bird. Or whatever. They will save your life in a crisis. But one thing to consider is that is straight up a high protein meal. Where are the carbs? 

I just started doing turkey bacon and love it! Yeah reggie bacon is high in sodium and fat. Since I just found out I have high blood pressure I have been staying away from all the "good" stuff haha. Poofy eyes will definitely make you stop haha!

Dude awesome that you have chickens! Do you name them? Have a favorite?! A gentleman from church has chickens and I usually buy a dozen from him every couple of weeks. Under the eggs and provo I have a couple of toasted English muffins 😁

Aww, I barely see the muffins. LOL. I don't name the chickens cause most look alike. I guess you can name them if you get a variety of colors or breeds. I mostly have Buff Orpington (orange) and Wyandotte (black and white speckled and black and gold speckled). It is a big expense at first to get chickens because of the coop. Eggs are cheap to buy so it takes a while to earn back the money spent, if ever. But at least you know in troubling times that you will have daily supply of food that is healthy. And if you have a rooster you have a chance to get babies to carry on your stock as long as you wish. But it will suck to get more than one rooster as they are some mean sons of b*****!!!

I have to watch my sodium intake too. Poofy eyes is definitely motivation to steer clear of the salt!