Register Now
StaceyPowers

How far in advance of planning to play a game do you buy it?

2 hours ago, m76 said:

If I see a good deal on games of interest I buy them, even if I don't plan to play them immediately. I admit some games I failed to get to even years later.

Way too many for me there. A lot of the Switch games I have I haven't gotten around to playing once. ANd I have almost 100 DDL's on it. Also, the same goes for my PS3 games. These are just the games I have on PS3 that I have never gotten to. I played either the first Dark Souls or Darksiders, but I honestly don't remember which one. The names are too similar to remember which at the moment. And this is just ONE system.

Assassins Creed 1,2,3
Bound By Flame
Castlevania Lords Of Shadows 1
Dark Kingdom
Dark Souls 1,2
Darksiders 1,2
Defiance (DDL)
Demons Souls
Devil May Cry 1,2,3
Dishonored
Dragon Age II
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (DA Origins, DA Origins Awakening)
Dragons Dogma
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Fallen Angel Sacred II
Family Guy Back To The Multiverse
FFX/X2
God Of War Ascension
Heavenly Sword
Hunted: The Demons Forge
Infamous Collection (Infamous, Infamous2, Infamous: Festival Of Blood)
Lair
Last Of Us, The
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge
Reckoning Kingdom Of Amalur
Remember Me
Rise Of The Argonauts
Risen 2 Dark Waters
Risen 3 Titan Lords
South Park The Stick Of Truth
Thief
Two Worlds

Edited by The Blackangel

1. Cost point, Very important to see if you can afford it
  2. I always get it cheaper on other sites, I always looking for deals on games that I want
  3. I got games that been on sale that is worth buying and yet never played them WTF
  4. End of the day when it comes to gaming, we always play the same games.
  5. I brought games for the full price like MSFS2020 and played over 500 hours so far since the release.

F12016 I got for $3 and played under an hour, but after 20mins you have your money out of it 😛 

5 minutes ago, Empire said:
  1. Cost point, Very important to see if you can afford it
  2. I always get it cheaper on other sites, I always looking for deals on games that I want
  3. I got games that been on sale that is worth buying and yet never played them WTF
  4. End of the day when it comes to gaming, we always play the same games.
  5. I brought games for the full price like MSFS2020 and played over 500 hours so far since the release.

F12016 I got for $3 and played under an hour, but after 20mins you have your money out of it 😛 

I have no clue what the hell you're talking about. Those are too many numbers and letters for me to follow. But it's 6:00AM and I have been up since just before 5:00AM so that could be the issue. Not likely though since this is fairly normal for me.

Just now, The Blackangel said:

I have no clue what the hell you're talking about. Those are too many numbers and letters for me to follow. But it's 6:00AM and I have been up since just before 5:00AM so that could be the issue. Not likely though since this is fairly normal for me.

There it is, maybe you need more coffee and or need to sleep 😛 as it's midday right now for me

Microsoft Fight Sim 2020

Formula 1 2016 game

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Last Of Us, The

You have the game and never played it? Freeze it right there. The world is on hold. Life can wait. The universe awaits you to play the game. God told me he will rain down emeralds if you play the game. If you don't, he agreed to puppetize you and put your hands on strings. 

42 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I've been told not to play the game due to a crippling phobia. That's why I haven't played it ....yet.

Oh, that's right. There are a couple scenes that have that. But to know you can stop at that point and try again later is something worth the try to see if you can get through it. From what I remember, nothing like that appears till later in the story. I don't remember when the first scene happens that shows it. 

I cannot do that at all haha. I'm the type of person who has to play the game immediately after buying. Personally I don't worry to much about saving a few bucks. I'd rather buy a game full price if I have an intense urge to play it. If the urge is not there I likely will not purchase the game.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I do it all the time - I've bought Mad Max for YEARS and still haven't gotten around to it as yet. I can name so many games in my Steam library that need that bit of love but are stuck in the friendzone...

I recently got Mad Max and will start on it soon...been wanting to try it for a while.