Register Now
killamch89

Google Stadia VP and Head Of Product Leaves Google Amid Disastrous Launch

Google Stadia continues to crumble as the Google Stadia VP has officially left Google following the disastrous launch of the Stadia Platform. This is the most disastrous launch I've seen since Anthem. Google Stadia is already dead and they should just shut down the whole thing. What are your thoughts on this?

I know absolutely no one who has owned or even played a Stadia. I'll admit that they have had some pretty cool ads for it though. It just doesn't seem to be anything special. You are probably right in your prediction that it will be shut down...

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Does anyone else think, or hope, that Stadia was meant to be an inside joke at Google?

And does anyone actually OWN one?

Not that I know of - At this point, it must be some kind of Illuminati conspiracy - I've never actually seen an owner of this device on TV or in real life.

4 hours ago, lludawg said:

I know absolutely no one who has owned or even played a Stadia. I'll admit that they have had some pretty cool ads for it though. It just doesn't seem to be anything special. You are probably right in your prediction that it will be shut down...

If you check out how many failed projects Google has under their belt in the last 10 years - you'd be shocked.

I'd say Google is just another platform where they give world the idea and they execute those ideas worst. 

Like say they created search and now struggle with it. 

They created gmail but now other platforms doing better. 

Same with stadia. Amazon Luna would do better. 

On 5/7/2021 at 3:19 AM, skyfire said:

I'd say Google is just another platform where they give world the idea and they execute those ideas worst. 

Like say they created search and now struggle with it. 

They created gmail but now other platforms doing better. 

Same with stadia. Amazon Luna would do better. 

To be fair, although Stadia was the first cloud gaming platform to launch it wasn't the first one that was really announced. But as usual, they came into the market unprepared.

Clearly John Justice has gained super powers and is now an independent superhero, though they're in talks with the Justice League (for obvious reasons. At this point I expect Stadia to be canned by the end of the year, even though that seems too gracious of a time period XD

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Clearly John Justice has gained super powers and is now an independent superhero, though they're in talks with the Justice League (for obvious reasons. At this point I expect Stadia to be canned by the end of the year, even though that seems too gracious of a time period XD

Google's closures normally take some time so I'd say by the end of next year - They're unlikely to close it by the end of the year but if they continue to post as many loses from Stadia then they may just wrap it up quickly.

On 5/11/2021 at 3:15 AM, killamch89 said:

To be fair, although Stadia was the first cloud gaming platform to launch it wasn't the first one that was really announced. But as usual, they came into the market unprepared.

I wont say unprepared, they are known for overengineering and the people who do the business from engineer mindset. that's why they are not much successful apart from ads and the search. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wont say unprepared, they are known for overengineering and the people who do the business from engineer mindset. that's why they are not much successful apart from ads and the search. 

You do have a point there that they tend to be tone-deaf when going into new markets. they also tend to promise a lot but hardly deliver anything with most of their products but only the major gaming companies can get away with complacency. Google's mentality won't work in this industry.