Register Now
lludawg

Do you adjust your brightness to night mode?

I've set my PC to turn on night mode at 1am because lately I have been staying up studying and the night mode tint makes it easier on my eyes. However, exams are over and now I am gaming at that time instead. I realized that I cannot game with night mode on as it affects my play.

I'm wondering if any of you use some sort of late night "night mode" and can still game with it on. Or do you just skip having a night mode altogether?

Night mode is something designed specifically to put less strain on the eyes and be more relaxing to look at, so by it's very nature it's in conflict with what one usually needs a display to do while gaming. Gaming screens need to be sharp and bright to draw focus and keep you alert. My better half uses night mode to read in bed and that makes sense, but to game, not so much.

Even using dark mode, it's bad looking at screens in dark. Just get/move a small light to put on your desk and place it avoiding having it being direct to your eyes, your eyes/head will thank you. So I do not eable it. Always have a bedroom light on

I used to do this, but I feel that "night mode" can sometimes filter out details that are somewhat important. For example, on many forums, it is hard to differentiate between different user roles if colors cannot be perceived as easily. In games, it is often important to be able to see details as vividly as possible.

5 hours ago, HolisticStorm said:

I used to do this, but I feel that "night mode" can sometimes filter out details that are somewhat important. For example, on many forums, it is hard to differentiate between different user roles if colors cannot be perceived as easily. In games, it is often important to be able to see details as vividly as possible.

Some places have too much light and in those places the dark mode can turn out better for the usage. But again this is kind of like per person mode type stuff. 

I don't use dark mode but my laptop has an eye saver option and I almost always have that turned on. I only turn it off when I need to see real colors for my graphic design. Other than that I don't play on the computer late at night so don't need to turn on dark mode.

I haven't tried it out often. I guess there is potential there for experience at night, but I don't see it for myself for most of what I do. While I do browse things that have mainly text, I just don't know if I can get used to the idea of a different tint, that allows for night time, dark use.