Register Now
killamch89

Sony Face Backlash As Leaks Reveal That PlayStation Is The Only Platform To Charge Developers For Crossplay

I have repeatedly expressed my concerns with how Sony is being run and this just further adds to my concerns with how Sony has been so Anti-consumer in recent years and now this comes up. What else is there to say - what are your thoughts about this issue?

As bad as this is, and it is bad, it's the lesser of two evils. Game companies selling in-game items on cross play titles was why Sony were so reluctant to allow cross play in the first place as the complaint behind the game wold have to use their own system and not PSN to make that work (thus, working around Son's cut). So for Sony to say, "OK, you can have cross play, but we want a cut of those in-game item sales." is not suppressing. Don't get me wrong, it's still atrocious when other companies appear to work fine with game companies when they host cross play, but Sony had to be all Sony about it.

Two corporations, 2 monopolies. Both want to outmonopoly the rival monopoly. The battle will probably expose how disgusting both are but if anyone wins it's probably still bad for us. Never forget that these are corporations, not some random people.

On 5/7/2021 at 7:49 AM, Empire said:

Two corporations, 2 monopolies. Both want to outmonopoly the rival monopoly. The battle will probably expose how disgusting both are but if anyone wins it's probably still bad for us. Never forget that these are corporations, not some random people.

It's already exposing both sides along with the other companies as well - the amount of info coming out every day gets more and more interesting. I'm not going to lie, this could make a good drama series. It probably could surpass days of our lives lol.