Register Now
killamch89

Lenovo Legion 7 Review - another one joins the Ryzen family.

Here's a review of the Lenovo Legion 7 which has made the jump over to AMD this year. It sports some of the best features on the market. However, it does come with a couple of issues that are covered in this detailed review. What are your thoughts about this Gaming PC?

Look at the body design. How worst are their designers. They need to learn something from the razer, asus, msi and others. This one looks so crappy especially right and left side thermal vent area. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

Look at the body design. How worst are their designers. They need to learn something from the razer, asus, msi and others. This one looks so crappy especially right and left side thermal vent area. 

i pretty much think the opposite here xD, i always found legions to be having some sick looking designs

On 5/9/2021 at 7:20 PM, Patrik said:

i pretty much think the opposite here xD, i always found legions to be having some sick looking designs

I agree - I like the Legion's designs but @skyfire is correct about the heating issues in prior models. However, it's a sick design.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:27 AM, Empire said:

Since both the Legion 7 and the 5 pro have 3070 and 3060 options it would be great if you could point out what differences one can expect if they are confused between the two

From what I understand, the difference between them apart from amount of RAM is wattage. The real world performance between both is comparable though.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

is correct about the heating issues

that's been an issue in almost every gaming laptop based on the reviews, so undervolting is the solution, even if there is a small drop in performance

18 hours ago, Patrik said:

that's been an issue in almost every gaming laptop based on the reviews, so undervolting is the solution, even if there is a small drop in performance

Okay let me explain - Almost every gaming laptop has a temperature at which the CPU throttles. However, the Legion series is known to throttle at around 50-60 degrees which is way lower than even the standard gaming laptop which is around 80 to 90 degrees. 

42 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Okay let me explain - Almost every gaming laptop has a temperature at which the CPU throttles. However, the Legion series is known to throttle at around 50-60 degrees which is way lower than even the standard gaming laptop which is around 80 to 90 degrees. 

i know about the thermal throttling thingy, but i actually didn't know that it's way low with legion laptops :(, that's just bad to be honest, some laptops even hit mid 90's just fine when gaming

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

i know about the thermal throttling thingy, but i actually didn't know that it's way low with legion laptops :(, that's just bad to be honest, some laptops even hit mid 90's just fine when gaming

They claim that it has improved significantly this year to about the 80-90 mark but that'd just put it where regular gaming laptops throttle which still doesn't make it standout from its rivals.