Register Now
Steerminator

Is anybody else obsessed with Axiom Verge? I want the sequel so badly

The number one game I've been waiting for for quite some time now has been Axiom Verge 2.  The wait is killing me!!  I feel like Axiom Verge was maybe one of the best games I ever played.  I loved it so, so much, I'm just dying for the sequel to come out.  I keep on checking for updates, and there keep not being any.  I can't find it now but the last time I checked it was supposed to come out sometime in Spring 2021.... Well Spring is like practically over!  *sob*  Whennnnnnnn is it coming?

To be honest, I'd never actually heard of Axiom Verge, but it looks like a sweet game and a must play for Metroidvania fans.

According to my research, it was developed by just one man, Thomas Happ. Took him five years of his spare time to finish it. If it's the same situation with Axiom Verge 2, it's just gonna take as long as it takes I'm afraid. Still, thanks for mentioning this game, I might have to try it myself at some point.

Your research is correct.  And yeah, I mean, well, rather than Metroidvania, I would say its straight up Metroid like.  In terms of gameplay anyway.  The atmosphere and general feel of the game is super creepy though, and that along with the game's somewhat mind bending (if a bit limited) story make it a whole lot different.  In any case, I'd highly recommend giving it a try.  As I said, Axiom Verge was SUPPOSED to be releasing like... right around now I guess, so if the sequel -does- come out soon like its supposed to, then now is the perfect time for first timers to play the original.

Edited by Steerminator

1 hour ago, Steerminator said:

As I said, Axiom Verge was SUPPOSED to be releasing like... right around now I guess, so if the sequel -does- come out soon like its supposed to, then now is the perfect time for first timers to play the original.

Axiom Verge 2 is due to release on Nintendo Switch and Epic Games Store this year, but there's no specific window yet.  It's a little disappointing that it's not releasing on Steam or the other consoles but I can't exactly blame a developer working solo for accepting exclusively deals.

https://www.axiomverge2.com/

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Axiom Verge 2 is due to release on Nintendo Switch and Epic Games Store this year, but there's no specific window yet.  It's a little disappointing that it's not releasing on Steam or the other consoles but I can't exactly blame a developer working solo for accepting exclusively deals.

https://www.axiomverge2.com/

Well lucky for me I do have a Switch.  But the most recent articles and updates seem to be from about a month and a half ago, and they all say the game is due to release in Spring... Which is just about over, so... Yeah.  I don't know if that means the game might just suddenly come out unexpectedly, or that it will probably be delayed again.

Edited by Steerminator

On 5/8/2021 at 3:08 PM, Steerminator said:

Well lucky for me I do have a Switch.  But the most recent articles and updates seem to be from about a month and a half ago, and they all say the game is due to release in Spring... Which is just about over, so... Yeah.  I don't know if that means the game might just suddenly come out unexpectedly, or that it will probably be delayed again.

For the fact that the developer works on a solo project, he's definitely going to be lacking resources to make it faster. You and any other fan waiting for Axiom Verge 2 must learn to be very patient with him otherwise if he rushes it, it's going be like what we experience with EA and Ubisoft all the time.