Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when your console needs repairs?

Presumably seen and have, you could always put in the 500GB HDD you swapped out back into the PS4 before you send it off, and swap them again when you get the PS4 back. But never really sent to be repaired. Unless you can't do it yourself if you taken apart. 

Considering that I play the old stuff and took 2 years of electronics, I tend to fix them myself. If I don't feel like doing that however, or it's beyond repair, I just get a new one. That's why I have several NES, SNES, and N64 consoles. I also have a couple Game Cubes, and 2 Wii. But I haven't used either in years, as I wasn't a fan of either system.

Edited by The Blackangel

Never had a console failing on me or something, but  laptops instead, since they are both pretty much packed the same and have to be disassembled in order to be repaired, i could fix them myself with the help of some researches, except when it's an issue that needs soldering or something like that, that's not for me :P

I have never had a console fail on me before but if it did happen I would have absolutely no idea how to fix it myself so I would definitely bring it to some sort of repair shop. Actually, I might ask some tech savvy friends first if they know how to repair it. 

On 5/8/2021 at 11:54 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If your video game console needs repairs, what do you do? Do you try to fix it yourself, or do you take it somewhere?

Most times when I fix my console, it wouldn't take too long and it develops same fault or another new one. So, when it gets to that stage, I give it away after the repair.