Register Now
Gio

Xbox Controller issues

What was the most common issues you may have ran into with your Xbox controllers? For me, it was always the thumbsticks either sticking and being a pain to fix, or they would end up breaking to where I would have to replace them, but thankfully that only happened once.

I have issues with my thumbstick on one controller. I was actually surprised what a little rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip could do. Almost completely fixed it. I ended up giving up on the controller but if I had of kept trying it would have been fixed no problem.

On 6/28/2021 at 3:55 PM, TopSilver said:

I have issues with my thumbstick on one controller. I was actually surprised what a little rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip could do. Almost completely fixed it. I ended up giving up on the controller but if I had of kept trying it would have been fixed no problem.

Where'd you get the idea to use the Q-tip and rubbing alcohol from? How long did before you noticed any results?

I noticed on the Xbox one controller that it sometimes get glitchy and becomes unresponsive for sometime. I just press and hold the x Button on the face of the controller for about 6 seconds this turns off the controller , I press again for a few seconds and the controller comes back on and the glitch or unresponsiveness is fixed though it's annoying at times.

For me the only issue I seem to have when it comes to Xbox controllers is the stick drift that occurs after a while. Back when I got my Xbox One X I had the official controller came with it and after less than a year the official controller ended up getting stick drift and I have no idea how as it wasn't dropped or misused. After that I went more towards 3rd party controllers and after a few months each one ended up with stick drift and again, not sure how as they were not misused. I am now back on an official controller and so far, *touch wood* I have not had any stick drift issues and the controller is nearly a month old. Time will tell though. I do have a protection plan on this one though just in case that does happen.

Yeah the 360, XBox one and new Xbox controllers all have the same issue, in that prolonged use can result in the analog sticks to drift. This has happened to me for most of my Xbox 360 and Xbox one controllers, and it's quite annoying. I blame it mostly on the fact that I played a lot of COD and that can have a bad effect on the analog sticks, it was always the left analog stick for me. 

But yeah, ever since I got the PowerA Fusion pro controller a while back, I haven't had these issues. Of course I also haven't played much COD in recent years, so that may explain it a bit. 

On 10/31/2022 at 7:31 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah the 360, XBox one and new Xbox controllers all have the same issue, in that prolonged use can result in the analog sticks to drift. This has happened to me for most of my Xbox 360 and Xbox one controllers, and it's quite annoying. I blame it mostly on the fact that I played a lot of COD and that can have a bad effect on the analog sticks, it was always the left analog stick for me. 

But yeah, ever since I got the PowerA Fusion pro controller a while back, I haven't had these issues. Of course I also haven't played much COD in recent years, so that may explain it a bit. 

I haven't got any issue with my Xbox controller since I started using the Xbox consoles hopefully it stays that way for the long run.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:31 AM, Justin11 said:

I haven't got any issue with my Xbox controller since I started using the Xbox consoles hopefully it stays that way for the long run.

You are very lucky and hopefully it stays that way for you. In the last two years I have had issues with at least 3 or 4 controllers one of them was an official as well, touch wood I haven't had any issues with my new controller which is an official. Is yours an official or a 3rd party? Usually, I notice the first thing to go is always the left thumbstick which gets stick drift which is just the worst.

I've not had any problems with mine as regards the Xbox PC edtion, and they are in constant use. I would start looking for reasons they could be going bad, electrical discharges, power lines, too much cheeto dust, setting the controller down in such a way that the joystick is constantly tilted etc.

Only time that I had to replace my last was the cable just pooped after five years, Then gone wireless 

On 11/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, Shortie said:

You are very lucky and hopefully it stays that way for you. In the last two years I have had issues with at least 3 or 4 controllers one of them was an official as well, touch wood I haven't had any issues with my new controller which is an official. Is yours an official or a 3rd party? Usually, I notice the first thing to go is always the left thumbstick which gets stick drift which is just the worst.

If you use you controllers often there's a tendency of it developing faults after a while, I don't leave my controllers connected to the console or left it on charge for too long which also affects its functionality.