Register Now
StaceyPowers

What was the best era for online gaming?

My favorite era of online gaming would have to be from 2011-2017 when you had MMOs like Eden Eternal, Age Of Wushu, Blade & Soul among a few others. In 2017, everything went downhill with the introduction of the Battle Royale genre. Most online games are now full of endless paywalls.

Being huge into jrpgs as a kid snes was huge, but ps1 era is what defines my life of gaming. A lot of rpg series' were perfected in the mid 90s and couldn't quite match it in the 00s. (Breath of fire, mama series, etc).

Though most of my favorite games are ps2, the sheer number of innovative rpgs from like 95-98 is astounding

I am a fan of autochess games like Teamfight Tactics and so I would say now is the best era because these games are doing really well right now and are also growing at fast rates. However, I also miss the days when the Wii just came out.

To me it was the very beginning, where there was no centralized on-line gaming. You dialed directly to your friends land-line with the modem and we played that way. The only game I regularly played on-line was quake in the late 90s.